ADVERTISEMENT

Great Win!

Carlester

Dec 1, 2012
Great win on the road against a good team. Karvel was amazing down the stretch, Lucky played very well and we got huge contributions from Juanie and Appolon. Andy's switch to zone late really made the difference. Does anyone know why Stewart didn't play?

Was wondering the same thing... As for our defense, ouch. Was at the game and good thing we can score cause we can't play d. Another thing McFadden needs to Finish aroun the rim.

This post was edited on 11/12 10:00 PM by cccrazy21

I hope to have info from Lee Kunkel on Stewart's status soon. Lee was at the game and will be contributing to some of our coverage out of it.

Edit: Per Lee, Andy Toole said Stewart is suspended for a violation of team rules. No timetable, but Toole said, "as soon as possible."

This post was edited on 11/12 10:05 PM by Andrew_Chiappazzi

Thanks guys. I hope that means he'll be back on Thursday. Agree the defense is a work in progress - the switch to the zone made a big difference for us but there were some ugly stretches. Rebounding was a struggle as well but what is going on with the free throws - especially Ant? He shot really well last year so hopefully he can get on track. Really can't say enough about how well David and Juanie played - their size and athleticism for the NEC is great and if they can consistently hit outside shots, they will be big-time contributors. Karvel is a special talent who is going to have a big year if he can stay healthy. Last time we played at EMU, Mo Carter put up a school record 43 points in a loss to former RMU coach Jim Boone. Let's hope we can come out of there with a win prior to our trip to Lexington.

Stewart wasn't on the bench, Carlester, so it's possible that he'll remain out during this swing of the road trip, which concludes Sunday against Kentucky. Robert Morris returns home after that, so it's possible that Stewart may return against Texas-Arlington.

That's my guess, since RMU's plan is to stay on the road and not return to campus. But it's possible that he's with the team and simply wasn't allowed to be on the bench per the stipulation of his suspension.

Either way, I'd expect him back next Thursday at the latest and possibly before that.

I've heard from some people on campus that know the basketball team pretty well that Kavon wont be playing on the road trip. It makes sense. He wasnt with the team at Lafayette, and they went straight to Philadelphia and flew to EMU. Quick turnaround with the UK game Sunday, I doubt they fly home for one day, so expect them to go straight to Lexington.

Maybe he's back for Texas Arlington.

Speculation around campus has him out until the Buffalo game, but it's just that speculation. Nobody on the team or within the program confirmed that, so we will see.

I've heard from some people on campus that know the basketball team pretty well that Kavon wont be playing on the road trip. It makes sense. He wasnt with the team at Lafayette, and they went straight to Philadelphia and flew to EMU. Quick turnaround with the UK game Sunday, I doubt they fly home for one day, so expect them to go straight to Lexington.

Maybe he's back for Texas Arlington.

Speculation around campus has him out until the Buffalo game, but it's just that speculation. Nobody on the team or within the program confirmed that, so we will see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT