ADVERTISEMENT

The Cardiac Colonials comeback for big win

NCLee

Sep 10, 2021
On a day where the defense had trouble getting stops, The offense had to be spectacular. George Martin had one of his most complete games of his career with his arm and his feet. Behind the impressive play from the Offensive line the Colonials were able to have a balanced attack and found a running attack that kept the Hampton Pirates off balance all day. The special teams were just that, Special. kick and punt coverage was superb and Nick Bisceglia nailed 3 FG's each one with more importance. The final kick put the Colonials up with just 5 seconds left to play.

So many huge plays in the game.
I counted 5 plays that determined the outcome.
1. The defense did come up huge and forced a fumble on the Pirates QB that changed the entire game. Down 28-20 and Hampton driving in RMU territory, the Defense recovered a QB fumble.
2. After RMU tied up the game 35-35 the Defense got a 3 and out. Sacked their star quarterback and then a huge play by a freshman DB with a pass break up on 3rd an 8 to force a 4th down.
3. A nice scramble by George Martin after Right Guard #69 Hayden Baron peeled back to pick up a rushing D end. Martin stepped up in the pocket and scrambled left before throwing a dart to the Tight End.
4. Nick Bisceglia getting his longest kick before halftime, Nick Bisceglia nailing it home for the game winner.
5. Garret Fairman and Supi with a half sack to end the game.

RMU win.

Fans and students need to show up this Saturday! Kennesaw St. is 7-1 and undefeated in the Big South. We need to create and atmosphere to help our team.

LET'S GO BOBBY MO!

Reactions: Wurst_2_furst
Pretty good summary McLee. Nice to read some positive feedback. I agree with your assessment of crowds. We need to see more fans. The young men on the field have been playing their buts off and over acheiving as far as I’m concerned. I did not expect 2 wins. And the last 2 losses on the road would have been close except for a 5 minute, mistake filled, series of events in both games, that were insurmountable. Injuries have been a factor also. Especially on defense and o-line. Come and root the team. That last game kept fans on the edge of their seats.

Reactions: NCLee
You are absolutely correct! We could easily be 5-2 with the exception of those 5 to 8 minutes of clock time in each of the last 2 losses! This game on Saturday is by far HUGE! I am not sure what they University does to promote the game for the students on Saturday, but they should all be there! No Halloween parties to get in the way this week.

Reactions: Wurst_2_furst
ADVERTISEMENT