ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Andrew, I enjoyed reading your Class in Depth articles.

I am picking Collin Giesey as a guy who may contribute early and have a great career at RMU. He looks to be a guy who has good size and talent, and maybe great intangibles: smart, dedicated, hard worker...
There certainly are some other recruits who are more likely choices, but Collin is my man!

Last year TJ Waters was a recruit that I really liked. His playing time was limited in his first year, I believe mostly on special teams, as is common for first year players. Any thoughts about him?

I would like to hear from so other Colonials Corner readers - which recruits do you like?

Andrew - there is a redshirt freshman OL on your detailed eligibility chart, Carlton Watson. I don't remember him as one of last year's recruits. What do you know about him?

Collin Giesey is definitely a good pick for a potential impact guy as a freshman, but there's a little bit more depth along the DL than there is elsewhere on the D, so he'll have a few bodies to climb over. I made my own pick for a freshman starter for our annual "Superlatives" piece that comes out Tuesday morning.

T.J. Waters played predominantly on special teams and had a pretty large role there. I wouldn't be surprised to see him make his way into the lineup this year.

Kimani Smith, Mike Stojkovic and Luke Mueller are the odds on favorites to be part of the lineup as returning starters. When RMU uses a 4-3, they'll probably be it. But when RMU uses a 3-4, Waters, Jimmy Masson and Nic Lamica should all be candidates among the returning players to contend for serious minutes.

As for Carlton Watson, he was a late addition to the roster just before camp. Like the rest of the freshmen, he spent all of last year on the scout team. He'll have a chance to compete in spring ball, but I anticipate some of the other guys being ahead of him at this stage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT