ADVERTISEMENT

Ricky Guss, highly decorated 2018 WPIAL player headed to RMU

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Ricky Guss who led Quaker Valley to a State Championship is headed to RMU. Guss had signed with Youngstown State and apparently spent part of the summer at YSU. He has decided to come back closer to home. He may redshirt this year. Great athlete, I do not know his 40 yard dash time, bench press or other stats, I do know that he can help a team win.

Bio from YSU, below

Selected as the Class 3A Player of the Year...named to the Pennsylvania Football Writers All-State Team...helped lead Quaker Valley to the Class 3A State Championship and a WPIAL title...became only the fifth player in WPIAL history to throw for 2,000 yards and rush for 1,000 in a season...named the Beaver Valley Conference's Offensive MVP...threw for 2,246 yards and 30 touchdowns...rushed for 1,241 yards and 29 TDs...also played linebacker...Quakers defeated Middletown, 41-24 in the state 3A championship game...threw two touchdown passes and had 97 yards rushing and touchdown as well in the championship game...they won the WPIAL crown with a 2-0 win over Aliquippa at Heinz Field...it was the Quakers' first-ever appearance in a WPIAL championship game...guided the team to a 14-1 campaign as a senior...coach as a senior was Jerry Veshio...was also a standout basketball player.

He's not a college quarterback, even though his stats are impressive. He's a good athlete though. He was going to play linebacker at YSU and would be a good athlete there for RMU.

I could also see him in the backfield as a bigger running back or h-back.

Great to get a local boy coming back. Says he will likely redshirt. Will be inteeintereto see how it shakes out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT