ADVERTISEMENT

RMU football talk

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
The season may be cancelled or postponed, but sports talk will always continue. I would like to hear thoughts about this team and the program. I will throw a few things out there.

When Coach Clark was hired he immediately started talking about building the culture. That sounded good. After a rough first season, I thought, well that culture stuff sounds good, but... Now, I am becoming a believer. As a fan, observing from a distance, it seems the players are buying in, and enjoy playing for these coaches and with their teammates.

It seems the coaches are doing well recruiting a lot of players with strong academic records in addition to football skills. Obviously, every school wants to recruit the kids that have both, if Coach Clark and staff are being successful getting their share of quality student/athletes, that's impressive.

I sure wish RMU would put a current roster up. I don't even know the players that we have at some key positions.

At QB, I assume George Martin is the clear #1 guy at this point, but who is behind him? Geno Pellegini? Lewis graduated, I believe Kyburz and Depaul have left the program. Kupchella lists himself on twitter as TE at RMU. I don't remember any QB recruits, but maybe there are some.

At RB, Alijah Jackson is the clear #1 guy. I don't know much about the other guys at that position.

I welcome everyone to discuss these or any other RMU football topics.

Go Colonials!

I think at the absolute least, coach Clark has changed the"feel" of the program, and optimism. I hope football in the spring happens, unfortunately I think politics and economics have made the fall unattainable.

Agree would love to see a roster, appears from Twitter one of the more highly touted juco transfers from last year has been cleared to play (DL).

QB situation could be up in the air. Really liked DePaul, but who knows. I think they have a rising HS senior committed, who knows maybe he will enroll early if the plan is to play in the spring. Depending on scholarship situation might be able to get a juco transfer for spring.

Really looking forward to see what the future holds for the guys.

Every Big South Conference team has their 2020 roster on their website.

RMU :(

Is there any update on Steve Depaul? Apparently there was some indication that he was transferring. He still describes himself on his twitter as Quarterback at RMU.

Is there any update on Steve Depaul? Apparently there was some indication that he was transferring. He still describes himself on his twitter as Quarterback at RMU.
I would imagine that unless it is an immediate family situation, many students who were ready to explore transfer options have now put those plans on hold.

For one, if it is a cultural/academic/location fit, it's hard to assess a new college without being able to visit the campus.

For two, if it's an athletic issue - playing time, competition level, or scheme - then most other teams aren't playing now either.

My son plays football for RMU and said Steve will be coming back. He was unclear on what exactly is happening with him.

Believe there are 3 Big South teams on the list. KSU, NCAT, and Monmouth. Going to be much tougher league, but shows if they do well they can get much more national attention.

Yeah, and I'll bet all of those top 25 teams have their rosters posted. RMU:(

Has been a ongoing theme with RMU. During Coleman and Nanny years also. Was hoping it would change with new leadership.

A lot of new names on the roster
& no Steve DePaul.

Earlier in the year , I’d heard of a large exchange of heated discussions between DePaul n members of the coaching staff(unknown). The kind of heated that would make it hard to recover from.
Shame.

There is no #3 listed on the roster. I'm thinking perhaps that is DePaul and they have his profile hidden for now. The last time I talked with him, he did confirm he is on the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT