ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking down recruiting class

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Andrew, thank you for breaking down the recruiting class.

I find Rodney Pryor the most intriguing member of the class. By the way, I believe he did play one year of JUCO, at Kirkwood, he then transferred to Cloud where he did not play in any games due to injury the past two years. Physically, Pryor looks to be a very high level player. He also appears to have a lot of talent and some high level offensive skills. But, he has not played in any official games in two years. That obviously leaves some big questions marks. regardless of talent and ability. You mentioned that he could be looked at as a replacement for Desquan Newton, another JUCO with exceptional talent. Unfortunately Newton just did not fit into the program and the system. It would not surprise me if Pryor turns out to be an elite player in the Northeast Conference, it also would not surprise me if his Colonials' career turns out to be no better than Newton's. As I mentioned, he is the most intriguing member of the class. One thing we do know, Coach Toole learns from his mistakes; I suspect that he learned something about the type of players that he needs to recruit as a result of Newton not being right for the program, and that gives me optimism about Pryor's future at RMU.

I haven't met Pryor and Gomis yet, so this would be mere specilukation. But I am guessing that with such a young group - four incoming freshmen, a starting soph point guard, and some still maturing juniors - Toole wanted to bring in some potential JuCo leaders. Time will tell if Gomis and Pryor fill those roles and help out the seniors, but I think they'll be counted on for more than just a presence on the floor
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT