ADVERTISEMENT

To walk into Knott Arena and win by almost 20....

ColonialInsider

Aug 26, 2017
That's what championship teams do.

What a performance by Robert Morris at the Mount.

Oh, and AJ Bramah is a man. Might be the NEC Player of the Year.

They have been playing great in conference. "Bench" guys putting in big minutes and playing great.

That may have been the best team game all year. Having homecourt advantage is a big deal for RMU when you think about the distances that teams will have to travel. And the new arena makes it even better.

Really proud of how the guys have played and worked so hard.

They have been playing great in conference. "Bench" guys putting in big minutes and playing great.

That may have been the best team game all year. Having homecourt advantage is a big deal for RMU when you think about the distances that teams will have to travel. And the new arena makes it even better.

Really proud of how the guys have played and worked so hard.

I get why you did “bench” guys. Bramah would start on 99% of other teams but Toole likes him to come out and role with the 2nd wave of players and provide some scoring and defense off the bench. Toole did this before with Lucky Jones.

It’s amazing being 11-2 & still tied with Merrimack at the top. We need to tie or beat them at the end to get #1 seed (& the NIT fallback bid which I would prefer to have than not have just in case).
Wildly enough, Merrimack cannot play in the NIT but the can steal it from any other NEC team.

With this eight man rotation, everyone contributes, and each may contribute in different ways in different games. Josh "only" had 11 points, but added 6 rebounds. Sayveon hit some shots last evening for a total of 12 points. Jon has been a good point guard since he arrived at RMU, and he is still improving. Having a veteran unselfish PG, who can knock down a three when needed, and be solid on the defensive end is a significant advantage for this team. Coach Toole has always said that players should not get so concerned about starting, it's more about playing time. It would be fun though for AJ to win POY as a guy who has come off the bench most of the season. This is a fun team to watch. Let's get a big crowd on Saturday. Go Colonials!

Also, Olisa Ngonad played some good minutes last night. It'd be nice if they could get him some work down the stretch to keep the bigs fresh.

Hopefully, Olisa sticks around and takes a big step up next season. He apparently still needs to make a lot of progress to be a consistent D-1 player, but he can be an impressive rebounder and shot blocker. I know it is silly to talk about next season, but if Olisa can take that big step up and Cam comes back strong plus Kam Ferris is with the team this semester and looks to be an excellent talent, adding these guys plus a few others to the core five that are expected to return and next season is looking good already.
Go Colonials!

Hopefully, Olisa sticks around and takes a big step up next season. He apparently still needs to make a lot of progress to be a consistent D-1 player, but he can be an impressive rebounder and shot blocker. I know it is silly to talk about next season, but if Olisa can take that big step up and Cam comes back strong plus Kam Ferris is with the team this semester and looks to be an excellent talent, adding these guys plus a few others to the core five that are expected to return and next season is looking good already.
Go Colonials!
Olisa always seems pretty engaged on the bench, so hopefully that's a good sign.

I think Cam Wilbon could have a huge impact once he returns next year, too.

Can definitely see a situation where RMU is in good shape for the next couple years after a couple of rocky seasons.

For you guys that know better than I, should that have been a foul on the inbounds play at the end of FDU game?

Yes, Coach Toole made that quite clear during the post game press conference. He even said the FDU coach told him that it was a foul. RMU's plan was to get fouled, and they executed it perfectly. The ref just, somehow missed it.

Thank you. Seemed to me to be a foul, but was so obvious I couldn't understand how the refs could miss it if it was a foul.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT