ADVERTISEMENT

RMU Hoops season over.

R-M-U-h-o-o-p-s-f-a-n

Aug 3, 2015
The end to what has been a very dissapointing season with injuries, transfers, illnesses, you name it, is now officially over.

RMU finished the season 10-22 on the year & will look to rebut for next year.

Issues that need to be addressed:

1. More Bigs & Better Rebounding

RMU was very undersized this season down low after losing Tate early, and then Minnie (being kicked off the team). Luckily, we get the "Ox" Aaron Tate back down low.

On the recruiting/newcomers side, RMU has a 6-11 PF/C Big man coming in named Braden Burke. Also, RMU has 6-7 Big man David Cole from NYC will be joining this team. He is a physical player and will help with some size of the bench. Billy Giles will be able to transition back to his natural spot at the 4 spot which is nice. Hopefully, having a BIGGER front court will improve Bobby Mo not only just defensively, but also rebounding wise as well.

2. 3 point shooting

RMU shot REALLY BAD from 3 this year. Like 28%. Got to improve from distance & also learn to take some better looks. RMU has 2 guards commited so far (Clive Allen from NYC & Lorenzen Wright Jr. who is a JuCo recruit). Hopefully, with the addition of these guys, plus some internal improvement, RMU can get back to being a good (or at least respectable) 3 point shooting team.

3. Replacing Rodney

Bobby Mo will need someone to step up and become "the man" next year. Isaiah Still could do this and help carry the team. Matty McConnell will also hopefully take a big step forward next year once his shoulder has had surgery. Currently, we have 1 spot left for a new player, and getting a wing player (like Pryor) would be very nice.

Concluding Thoughts For Now...

RMU has some good players to work with for 2016-17 season and some good (and Big) players coming in. Hopefully, RMU will return to its excellence next year & so far it is set up to be at least be a top 4 NEC team at minimum.

Don't give up hope...There's always next year.

Go Bobby Mo...

& Plz comment below.

Last edited:
Maybe 0-13 shooting 3s was a fitting end to this season for the Colonials. In some ways this was the season of what could go wrong, did go wrong. On the court, poor 3-point shooting was the most obvious reason that contributed to a lot of the losses. Rodney had a lot of games with impressive stats, except for three point shooting percentage. That is hard to understand, since we know from last year that he does have the ability to consistently hit outside shots. Matty, the other guy that you would expect to be a good outside shooter was disappointing at making shots, apparently due to his injured shoulder. I would expect that if he gets the shoulder healed up in the off season that we can expect great things from him next year. I agree there are reasons to be optimistic that the Colonials will be back in the top tier of the Conference next year. The expected returning players make up a good core group to build on, hopefully they all do return.

I think the #1 thing for this program heading into next season is stability.
Too many times we are seeing players leave the program or get into some sort of trouble. I know the staff does a great job with recruiting but there is more than recruiting than just talking to a potential player and getting them to sign with your program.
You have to develop that player and have them believe in the program. And at times, if you have a special player, you need to adjust your strategy to take advantage of said player's skill set.
I'm hoping that this tough season is a lesson for all. Lesson for the players coming back that the NEC is a tough conference grind. And for the coaches, perhaps revisiting expectations of their players and themselves as coaches.

The talent is there from the players to the staff, they need something to click starting this off-season.
What is that "click"...that is for the staff and players to determine together.

I think the #1 thing for this program heading into next season is stability.
Too many times we are seeing players leave the program or get into some sort of trouble. I know the staff does a great job with recruiting but there is more than recruiting than just talking to a potential player and getting them to sign with your program.
You have to develop that player and have them believe in the program. And at times, if you have a special player, you need to adjust your strategy to take advantage of said player's skill set.
I'm hoping that this tough season is a lesson for all. Lesson for the players coming back that the NEC is a tough conference grind. And for the coaches, perhaps revisiting expectations of their players and themselves as coaches.

The talent is there from the players to the staff, they need something to click starting this off-season.
What is that "click"...that is for the staff and players to determine together.

Yea...Hopefully everyone stays and with the new additions we will be back to what we need to be

Go RMU

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what happens in regard to player turnover. We have lost players every year after successful seasons and great wins, should we hope for better stability after a losing season?

That was a tough ending to a tough season. Not making a three was a fitting end. I do believe RMU will be much better next season. A lot of young guys got some great experience and getting a player like Tate back will be very important.

That was a tough ending to a tough season. Not making a three was a fitting end. I do believe RMU will be much better next season. A lot of young guys got some great experience and getting a player like Tate back will be very important.

Plus some good recruits like a 6-11 PF/C in Braden Burke that should add some much needed size

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT