ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops vs Dayton

LetsGoRomo2

Aug 10, 2018
Guys played really well on D for most of game. Had chances to get close and just missed on those possessions. Lots to be excited about though. Toole did seem to really tighten up bench, though perhaps injuries.

Should be a heck of a year. Next weekend will tell us a lot more.

My understanding is two newcomers - Trey James and Ben Krystkowiak - are injured and may not play at all. And I believe Tristan Jeffries is young for his class, so they're slowly working him along and treating him like a freshman again.

So today is probably the main rotation, with Kevin Martina getting some time here and there when they need to go big and go 10 deep. I think Chris Ford will probably get more minutes most games, but they didn't want to pull Cheeks off the floor for long. Cheeks has really impressed with his development. Looks like they have a consistent outside threat finally in Corbin, too.

If they can go 2-1 in this Thanksgiving tournament, they've got four winnable non-conference games in December, too. Tough start in the Horizon with Wright State and Northern Kentucky, which beat Cincinnati. Maybe hope for a split there and then continue to build some momentum with those winnable December non-conference games games.

The kid from Kentucky, went to Iona, is supposed to be back after the Christmas break last I heard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT