ADVERTISEMENT

NEC play starts, now it counts!

ColonialCrazy

Oct 28, 2011
TIME TO GET GOING...

Seriously though, they really count now. Gotta find a little D and the Colonials will be fine.

The road to the NCAA tournament starts tonight!

GO COLONIALS!

This road trip should tell us a lot early on. For one, it's just not easy to win on the road. Two, Sacred Heart is the type of game that Robert Morris typically handles, even if it's a little hairy at times. And three, Bryant's obviously one of the other favorites. If Robert Morris comes out of his 2-0, that'd be a huge burst of momentum. Even 1-1 with a tight loss to Bryant would be manageable.

This is just not a year that they can start 0-2 like they did last year.

Can't say last night gives me a tremendous amount of confidence for the rest of the year but it's a road win so I will definitely take it. Karvel is a truly special talent. He and Lucky will keep us relevant. Really need some improvement from our bigs though. Still think our best lineup may be Karvel, Lucky, Ant, Jeremiah and Oliver - I'd like to see that combination at some point. We'd be undersized but it's not like we're killing it rebounding-wise otherwise. Obviously, huge game on Sat, starting 2-0 on the road would be a trendous start.

I don't believe Toole thinks Oliver is consistent enough with his overall game to get those types of minutes. If they do go with a smaller lineup at some point, I would anticipate Aaron Tate moving up. He's been better the last few games, and while he still has his inconsistent moments, he's probably been the best bench player of late.

How did Andy get Karvel, seriously!!! The guy just keeps amazing me. Such a great shooter, and an even better competitor. All the offense last night was great, but it was a play he made on defense that stands out to me.

Sacred Heart had a lot of momentum, he checks back in, makes a tough floater in the lane, then comes back on D, goes flying out of bounds, and throws the ball off a Sacred Heart player to get RMU the ball back.

He does it all, happy he's in a Colonial uniform, no doubt he could play in the Big East, ACC, etc.

BTW, it's amazing to see his complete offensive game with a healthy wrist. He can really finish at the rim, with contact, and can knock jumpers down from any place on the court. A lot of great three point shooters aren't as effective inside the arc, he is.

It's really amazing how everything dovetailed for Anderson to land at Robert Morris.

He didn't have the grades coming out of high school, in large part because of his situation at home. He tried to fit in at two other junior colleges, coming for family reasons after his first stint, before landing at Glen Oaks. And he was so far behind academically because of what had happened at his other JuCos, he was considered a risk. His talent wasn't in question, just whether he'd be able to catch up to the coursework.

And really, if not for Brandon Herman flaming out, RMU probably wouldn't have had a scholarship for him. His tape landed in front of Mike Byrnes after Herman and RMU parted ways, and the Colonials were looking for a shooter.

Boy did they find one. Toole was willing to stick with Anderson to let him iron everything out. It all worked out.

Remember when there were rumors Herman had offers from NC St....

But yea, what a break, no complaints here. Keep lighting them up 15.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT