ADVERTISEMENT

Dambrot on Duquesne playing Robert Morris

RMU_Fan

Dec 7, 2011
Coach Dambrot had some interesting things to say about playing RMU on a 93.7 The Fan interview...

Dambrot provided insight into why Duquesne hasn't played Robert Morris since he's been in charge.

"I've told anybody why we haven't played Robert Morris. We should play Robert Morris in the future. I'm going to tell you why. Josh Williams, who played for me at Akron who I really like, transferred to Robert Morris and I really didn't want to play Robert Morris until the Williams brothers had left. I think that's a financial prudent game as well.

Now I will say that I think we should only play at Duquesne and we should pay the guarantee because most Atlantic 10 teams don't play NEC teams on the road. Now, I'm not saying we're better than Robert Morris because clearly they've beaten Duquesne more than Duquesne has beaten Robert Morris. I was the first guy to text coach [Andy] Toole when he went to the NCAA Tournament because I was really happy for him.

It would be hypocritical for us not to play Robert Morris."

Robert Morris and Duquense have swapped home games for years.

That's a ludicrous assertion to say the game should only be played at Duquesne.

I like Dambrot a lot, and I get not playing RMU while Williams was there, but the rest of quote is absurd.

Robert Morris and Duquense have swapped home games for years.

That's a ludicrous assertion to say the game should only be played at Duquesne.

I like Dambrot a lot, and I get not playing RMU while Williams was there, but the rest of quote is absurd.

Ya calling us an “NEC school” is true but it’s not like we’re not 1. Very close geographically to Duquesne and 2. The best b-ball program in NEC history (most NEC titles).

Saying he won’t do a home & home or even play any games at RMU makes him look afraid to play on RMU’s court and not make me want to play them as much (if we have to play them each year at Duq).

Agreed !
That “ every game at Duquesne” thing ain’t never gonna fly in the burgh! NEC champs, making NCAA’s, and brand new stadium tells me, every other game in Moon, at least!

Agreed !
That “ every game at Duquesne” thing ain’t never gonna fly in the burgh! NEC champs, making NCAA’s, and brand new stadium tells me, every other game in Moon, at least!

Yep! Dambrot & Capel should have some respect for RMU. Neither have made the NCAA Tourney yet at either Pitt or Duquesne & they think they’re all that!

Duquesne hasn’t made the Tourney since the 60’s or 70’s lol.

Home and home or nothing. Let the 8 RMU wins in 9 matchups (or whatever the run is) sit there as long as DU wants.

Again shows you why RMU has to get out of the NEC. A10 > NEC. Doesn’t matter if RMU wins the NEC. A10 is a top 10 conference while NEC is maybe a top 25.
But yes they should have a home and home but the Dukes having a solid season and being is a much stronger conference can easily make those statements.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT