ADVERTISEMENT

Myers-pate

cccrazy21

May 22, 2013
Can't start a guard that can't shot the ball. Doesn't create. It's obvious that Myers-Pate is a quality backup guard, but definitely not a starter. I would prepare Stewart for NEC play and the future of RMU basketball.

Quite frankly, that's ludicrous. Stewart is going to be very good, but he played his second NCAA game today and had seven turnovers.

He doesn't create? He's averaging 4.4 assists per game, just a tick below what Velton Jones averaged last year. He wasn't really Velton Jones' back-up, either, considering how often the two were on the floor together. Myers-Pate averaged 23.8 minutes per game as a freshman, 23.2 as a sophomore, and 23.5 last year. It's not like his load has suddenly increased.

Also, he can score. He shot 40 percent from the floor and 40 percent from 3 as a sophomore. Is he struggling with his shot lately? Sure. Can he play better than he has? Absolutely.

He'll be fine.

If I'm Andy Toole, my primary concern isn't Myers-Pate. It's why my team's giving up 80 points per game after living in the 60s the past 6 years. That's the priority right now.

I'm with andrew... Ant isn't the problem. The team is scoring more point per 100 possessions than they ever had under Toole/Rice.

The problem is 100% defense right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT