ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan fullback commits to RMU

Andrew_Chiappazzi

May 7, 2008
Robert Morris got another piece to the recruiting class on Tuesday when Michigan fullback Austin Brown committed to Robert Morris. The 5-foot-8, 210-pound blocker made his announcement via his Twitter account Tuesday evening.

Brown played at vaunted Brother Rice High School in Bloomfield Hills. The state championship team churns out plenty of Division I talent and Division II talent every year and has multiple Division I players in this year's senior class. With that talent around him, Brown was a typical fullback. He carried 13 times for 117 yards and made most of his presence known as a blocker.

You can watch his highlights here.

So why a fullback when Robert Morris has had a decent amount of depth there the last few seasons? At the beginning of the month, I didn't anticipate Robert Morris bringing one on. But after talking to Darrin Hicks last week and the emphasis on tempo, it doesn't surprise me. The current fullbacks on the roster, save for Ryan Thermil and maybe Corey Garry, aren't necessarily built for an up-tempo offense. Brown isn't as big as some of them, but he appears strong and definitely more athletic.

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the class shakes out. As always, keep checking back for the latest RMU news.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News