ADVERTISEMENT

Dayton

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
So IF the Colonials win tomorrow evening, and they get bracketed into one of the preliminary round games, am I correct in understanding that they will be playing in Dayton either next Tuesday or Wednesday? That could workout well for RMU fans. Dayton is a very doable drive.

I have seen them getting as high(Low?) as a 15 seed depending on how a few conferences shake out.

If they don't get a 15, I would love to see a play in game for them. More $$ and a chance to net a NCAA tourney victory

That's correct GoRMU, play in (called the first round, but lets be real) would be in Dayton Tuesday or Wednesday, but it looks like RMU would avoid that if they beat the Mount. Some upsets have already pushed them up in the pecking order if they're to take care of their own business.

Hey ColonialCrazy - do you have any idea about how the student turnout will be tomorrow since, I believe, it's spring break?

I am guessing the atmosphere inside the Chuck may not be quite the level as it was for UK, but it should be the next best thing.

By the way, Colonialcrazy, I don't do twitter. I will probably get up to speed with twitter once everyone else is moving onto something else!

While there are no guarantees when it comes to the NCAA selection committee, I feel confident in saying there's no way that Robert Morris is in the play-in game - or even a 16-seed - if the Colonials make the NCAA Tournament.

Too much has already happened for them to slide that far down. What really helps is RMU's RPI. It's going to finish above 120 if they win, which is better than a number of other teams. Though RMU didn't win many non-conference games, the strength of that schedule will look really good to the committee.

I think the student turnout will be very good, but certainly not like UK. A lot of students, especially seniors, booked trips to Florida months ago. With that said it should still be a packed house, and I know a lot of recent alums, like myself will be back for the game.

Andrew, are you saying RMU would be a 15th seed?

As of right now, it looks like it. They're right on the 15/16 edge, with a lean toward the 15 seed. Enough other conferences have featured upsets to really benefit RMU. They'll compare favorably with a number of other autobid winners if they make it in on Tuesday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT