ADVERTISEMENT

Post Game - Malone

LetsGoRoMo

Aug 29, 2016
I will try not to be very negative, since RMU won.
-
I know they they had a return a TD... BUT.. The special teams (kicking) are an absolute disaster. Another blocked FG, could have been a few more. THIS NEEDS tightened up.
--
77 went down, and did not come back. That is awful news.
--
As I am typing this I am trying to temper my thoughts and be positive, but the fact is Malone is not a good D2 team. Not by any measure. You can say that's why it is not a good reason to play them because no matter what happens it can be twisted, and I would agree. If RMU would have won by 30, hell, 14 I would have been happy, but this was not great.
--
I am sad to say this, as I have been a colonial since 1998, and this is as bad as it has been. Others have posted that we might have played weaker teams, and that may be true, but we beat the S out of them more often than not. To say that the previous years do not equate current situation is a bit of misnomer. Look at the scholarships, we did not have them, so we played similar teams. We were like Dayton back then, non scholarship conference. Now RMU and the NEC has scholarships. I am sure many of "old timers" thought the same as I did when TRUE football scholarships came.. We kicked ass without them, we will DOMINATE with them... has not happened, and over the last 2.5 years things have gotten exponentially worse, I could go into a lot of my thoughts as to why if someone wants to private message me.
--
In 2010 we were in the PLAYOFFS, and really did hang with NDSU. We were never going to beat them but christ I bet that team scared them at halftime.
--
Now we barely beat a mediocre at best D2 school.
--
I truly think the freshman class can be great, but something is wrong with the program if that many freshman are starting and its not a coaching staff change or very good senior laden team just graduated.
--
Apologize for being negative, but just my thoughts. Hard to see another win on this schedule. I HOPE HOPE HOPE I am wrong.

The most alarming thing of the Banny era, in my opinion, has been special teams. Defense overall has done its job. Offense, you can excuse at least *some* of their troubles on the system change and inexperience at QB. But Banny was the special teams coach before taking over. That should be a big advantage for the team, but it hasn't been

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT