ADVERTISEMENT

We can make a run at this thing

Oct 28, 2021
We might be middle of the pack but it seems we're getting hot at the right time. We took 2nd place CSU to the brink on the road, then rattled off 4 straight wins, including 2 blowouts over top 3 teams. As long as we beat IUPUI tomorrow, we should at least get a home game vs. either them or GB, and with a little help we could even get a bye. Then we'll have to win a game on the road followed by 2 games in Indy, but if this team continues to play like it is now, I wouldn't count us out against anybody. LGBM!

What a disgusting effort against a 1-17 team to sap all momentum going into the conference tournament.

Alright, the seeds are officially set.

Bad news: We lost to one of the worst teams in all of college basketball and missed out on a first round bye.

Good news: We get an opportunity for revenge right away and get to play another game at home.

Time to put Thursday night in the rearview mirror and focus on the road ahead. This team can beat anyone in this conference, but as we saw they can also lose to anyone, so we just have to take it a game at a time. LGBM!

Incredibly fortunate to win this game against IUPUI. They didn't really deserve it. Many of the players played like they were ready for the season to be over.

Reactions: BobbyMoPittFan
Incredibly fortunate to win this game against IUPUI. They didn't really deserve it. Many of the players played like they were ready for the season to be over.
I'm not sure what it is about IUPUI but we always struggle against them. This season we barely beat them at home in the regular season, then choked away the return contest in Indy. And going back to last season, we lost to them at home despite them only having six players; it was their only conference win. It almost reminds me of the 2017 Steelers. We can go toe to toe with the top teams, but also look vulnerable against the bottom dwellers. That's why I still believe Cleveland State will be a close game. In any case we did what we had to do tonight. "Survive and advance" as they say.

Welp, I was right about it being a close game. It was there for the taking, but we just couldn't get it done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT