ADVERTISEMENT

RMU Football @ Air Force

Original_RMC

Oct 24, 2011
The 2023 season is here.

RMU Heads West To Open 2023 Season

Just like everyone else, excited to finally see a Depth Chart.

Two Deep vs. Air Force

Looking at the 2-Deep in the last game vs. Bryant in 2022 and the new 2-deep for 2023:

DL:
Garret Fairman (6-2, 230lbs) returns. RMU rotates DL throughout the game and have certain packages as well.
Noah Steverson (6-3, 275lbs) listed as a returning starter at DL and Bernadin Fleurima, Jr. (6-0, 285lbs) goes from backup to starter. Parker Jacobs (6-4, 260lbs) takes over at the other DE position.

LBs:
Tony Brown (6-3, 200lbs) returns as a listed starter and great to see Shegog (6-2, 230lbs) and Casale (6-2, 230lbs) back in the lineup. RMU should be loaded at LBs this year.

DBs:
Gregory Young III (5-11, 170lbs) returns and some new names in the secondary. Will be interesting to see how this unit comes together this year.

Offense:
OL: 2022 LT Diego Turcios (6-4, 300lbs) moves from LT to RT. Riley Kemper (6-5, 290lbs) takes over at LT now.
LG, C, RG all return.
Last season the OL was an issue. 2023, OL could be the strength of the team. When RMU has a solid OL with no injuries, they win games.

Landen Lucas (6-3, 230lbs) takes over at TE.

New names with good measurables at WRs against Air Force. Parker Fetterman (5-9, 175lbs) returns which will help new QB, Tyler Szalkowski (6-2, 220lbs). RMU has struggled at the QB position and hopefully Tyler can offer stability.

And finally, some size at the RB position with Kimon O'Sullivan (5-11, 178lbs) getting start with Day Day Jones (5-10, 188lbs) as the backup.

Special Teams should be very strong for RMU and could win games for RMU.

I'm pessimistic.

The line looks light. They better be deceptively strong and athletic.

The offense was so inept last year that I guess there is nowhere to go but up, but Szalkowski has just a handful of collegiate snaps. He basically hasn't played a full game since high school.

It feels like Clark hasn't been able to establish an identity since the team left the NEC. I have to think that change will be coming if this team doesn't show significant signs of improvement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT