ADVERTISEMENT

LIU-RMU

JayFrank17

Nov 5, 2015
The Colonials open up their final homestand of the season, as LIU Brooklyn comes to town for a 7:00 P.M. start at the Chuck. Robert Morris showed everyone that they are still relevant in the NEC last Saturday. The Colonials, led by Rodney Pryor, knocked of first place FDU on the road. Pryor scored 27 points and gathered 14 rebounds, while the always efficient Billy Giles shot nine-for-eleven and finished with 18 points. This will be the third and final game that freshman Isaiah Still will sit out. Still was suspended for three games after violating RMU’s Athletic Department policy. Getting Still back at the end of the season comes at the right time, as the Colonials look to solidify their place in the NEC tournament and hopefully make a run at back to back titles. Stewart finished with 11 points and six dimes last saturday in his home state of New Jersey, and looks to finish the season strong.

The Blackbirds sit in sixth place in the NEC, sitting at 7-7. They’ve won consecutive games by double digits and hope to build off of their recent strong play. Sophomore Martin Hermannsson was named NEC co-player of the week. Hermannsson is an above-average defender and I look forward to watching the matchup between him and Kavon Stewart. Both are quick, smart guards that have a high basketball IQ. Joel Hernandez and Jerome Fink have also been playing some great ball as of late. As a unit, Long Island is clicking from all cylinders. This is a game that I’m sure Andy Toole would like to have Isaiah Still for. He would be able to provide another scoring option in addition to Pryor, Giles and McConnell. The Blackbirds were my personal pre-season favorite to win the NEC, however, conference play didn’t start the way they hoped it would. With that being said, it’s a long season and things may finally start to be clicking for them.

Robert Morris and LIU go way back. Even before my days in Moon Township, I’ve been following the Colonials-Blackbirds rivalry. When these two teams play, it’s usually filled with physical, scrappy and tough-nosed basketball. The Colonials defeated LIU the first time these two teams met several weeks ago, so I’m sure the Blackbirds want to return the favor and defeat RMU on their home-court. RMU seems to play their best basketball when they don’t try and do too much. With a lot of young and inexperienced guys getting big minutes, it’s common that they sometimes try and do more than they are capable of. When they run their offense all the way through and follow the scouting report, better results tend to follow. Will that be the case tonight?

The Colonials open up their final homestand of the season, as LIU Brooklyn comes to town for a 7:00 P.M. start at the Chuck. Robert Morris showed everyone that they are still relevant in the NEC last Saturday. The Colonials, led by Rodney Pryor, knocked of first place FDU on the road. Pryor scored 27 points and gathered 14 rebounds, while the always efficient Billy Giles shot nine-for-eleven and finished with 18 points. This will be the third and final game that freshman Isaiah Still will sit out. Still was suspended for three games after violating RMU’s Athletic Department policy. Getting Still back at the end of the season comes at the right time, as the Colonials look to solidify their place in the NEC tournament and hopefully make a run at back to back titles. Stewart finished with 11 points and six dimes last saturday in his home state of New Jersey, and looks to finish the season strong.

The Blackbirds sit in sixth place in the NEC, sitting at 7-7. They’ve won consecutive games by double digits and hope to build off of their recent strong play. Sophomore Martin Hermannsson was named NEC co-player of the week. Hermannsson is an above-average defender and I look forward to watching the matchup between him and Kavon Stewart. Both are quick, smart guards that have a high basketball IQ. Joel Hernandez and Jerome Fink have also been playing some great ball as of late. As a unit, Long Island is clicking from all cylinders. This is a game that I’m sure Andy Toole would like to have Isaiah Still for. He would be able to provide another scoring option in addition to Pryor, Giles and McConnell. The Blackbirds were my personal pre-season favorite to win the NEC, however, conference play didn’t start the way they hoped it would. With that being said, it’s a long season and things may finally start to be clicking for them.

Robert Morris and LIU go way back. Even before my days in Moon Township, I’ve been following the Colonials-Blackbirds rivalry. When these two teams play, it’s usually filled with physical, scrappy and tough-nosed basketball. The Colonials defeated LIU the first time these two teams met several weeks ago, so I’m sure the Blackbirds want to return the favor and defeat RMU on their home-court. RMU seems to play their best basketball when they don’t try and do too much. With a lot of young and inexperienced guys getting big minutes, it’s common that they sometimes try and do more than they are capable of. When they run their offense all the way through and follow the scouting report, better results tend to follow. Will that be the case tonight?

If we play hard and play smart & Pryor continues the momentum from Saturday, we have a decent chance of winning...

But...with this team, we'll see...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT