ADVERTISEMENT

CCSU-RMU Preview

JayFrank17

Nov 5, 2015
The Colonials look to gain momentum and get back in the NEC race against an awful CCSU team. The Blue Devils are currently 1-6 and 0-6 in conference play. That’s really, really bad. Even if Robert Morris is shorthanded, this is a game they should still win. There’s no excuses in this one. If the Colonials just go out there, play their game, they’ll walk away victorious. Central Connecticut is arguably one of the worst teams playing at the Division I basketball level. They are really struggling. Austin Nehls leads the Blue Devils in scoring, averaging 12.1 points in 35.7 minutes per game. Khalen Cumberland is second in scoring, putting up 12.0 ppg. Big man Brandon Peel is scoring 9.2 points and getting 6.9 rebounds per game. Peel is a very good defensive player and if the Colonials can’t contain him on the glass, he’ll give them fits all night long.

As for Robert Morris, Rodney Pryor will be a game-time decision, as he is close to returning from his concussion(reported by Chris Mueller). Obviously the sooner Pryor can return, the better off this team will be. With or without Rodney, as mentioned earlier, RMU should win this game. Matty McConnell struggled from the floor last game, but continues to do the little things. Whether it’s playing tough on the defensive end, or making that extra pass, Matty is always doing the right thing on the court. Kavon Stewart, in my opinion, has been playing the best basketball of his collegiate career over the last several games. Not only are his handles sick, but his basketball IQ is very high and does a great job of controlling the tempo and running the offense all the way through, something Toole noted after the FDU win.

Will Conrad Stephens have another solid performance? You know he’s going to get minutes (doubt it will be 21), but if Stephens can get rebounds and make his shots around the rim, that will only be beneficial for this team. Obviously, we can’t expect him to go 6/6 every night, but again, if he handles his own, he’ll be fine. I think everybody on this team is finally starting to realize their role. In the beginning, guys were trying to do too much, such as Isaiah Still and Steven Whitley. Both of those guys have settled in nicely and aren’t doing anything over the top, such as shooting too much (Still) or trying to penetrate into three people (Whitley). Still has been effective when driving to the basket and Whitley has been moving the ball well, playing good defense and is showing a lot of hustle by diving for loose balls.

Prediction: Every time I’ve made a prediction, this team has lost. However, I’m feeling good about today. I’ll say Robert Morris 71, CCSU 57.

The Colonials look to gain momentum and get back in the NEC race against an awful CCSU team. The Blue Devils are currently 1-6 and 0-6 in conference play. That’s really, really bad. Even if Robert Morris is shorthanded, this is a game they should still win. There’s no excuses in this one. If the Colonials just go out there, play their game, they’ll walk away victorious. Central Connecticut is arguably one of the worst teams playing at the Division I basketball level. They are really struggling. Austin Nehls leads the Blue Devils in scoring, averaging 12.1 points in 35.7 minutes per game. Khalen Cumberland is second in scoring, putting up 12.0 ppg. Big man Brandon Peel is scoring 9.2 points and getting 6.9 rebounds per game. Peel is a very good defensive player and if the Colonials can’t contain him on the glass, he’ll give them fits all night long.

As for Robert Morris, Rodney Pryor will be a game-time decision, as he is close to returning from his concussion(reported by Chris Mueller). Obviously the sooner Pryor can return, the better off this team will be. With or without Rodney, as mentioned earlier, RMU should win this game. Matty McConnell struggled from the floor last game, but continues to do the little things. Whether it’s playing tough on the defensive end, or making that extra pass, Matty is always doing the right thing on the court. Kavon Stewart, in my opinion, has been playing the best basketball of his collegiate career over the last several games. Not only are his handles sick, but his basketball IQ is very high and does a great job of controlling the tempo and running the offense all the way through, something Toole noted after the FDU win.

Will Conrad Stephens have another solid performance? You know he’s going to get minutes (doubt it will be 21), but if Stephens can get rebounds and make his shots around the rim, that will only be beneficial for this team. Obviously, we can’t expect him to go 6/6 every night, but again, if he handles his own, he’ll be fine. I think everybody on this team is finally starting to realize their role. In the beginning, guys were trying to do too much, such as Isaiah Still and Steven Whitley. Both of those guys have settled in nicely and aren’t doing anything over the top, such as shooting too much (Still) or trying to penetrate into three people (Whitley). Still has been effective when driving to the basket and Whitley has been moving the ball well, playing good defense and is showing a lot of hustle by diving for loose balls.

Prediction: Every time I’ve made a prediction, this team has lost. However, I’m feeling good about today. I’ll say Robert Morris 71, CCSU 57.

I agree with your prediction & hope it holds up... Hope that Rodney can play today as a (somewhat of a) warm up to Saturday's game against a good Bryant team (but that is if he is even able to play that game).

Also, CCSU is actually 1-16, not 1-6 overall...just letting u know that.

Let's win tonite guys....!

Go RMU...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT