ADVERTISEMENT

#1 seed in NEC Tourney

ColonialInsider

Aug 26, 2017
Nice job by the hoops team to get the top seed with the long-awaited win over SFPA on Saturday. NEC Tourney runs through Moon this year.

When they play together and are solid defensively, they can beat anyone.

Won't be easy. First round match-up is SFBK. Teams split the season series and the Terriers are always a tough out.

No easy games for sure. Like you said, when they play unselfishly and together, work hard on D, they can beat anyone in conference.

Survive and advance. Thought it was going to be a blowout, then an epic collapse. But they pulled it out.

Hopefully they can shut down Raiquan Clark on Saturday. Easier said than done.

Colonials shot 1-12 3-pointers in second half. For the game Colonials were out rebounded 40-28. Fortunate to escape with the win. The crowd was disappointingly small, but was vocal. The student section had less than 10 people in it, and not all were students. I know the students are on spring break, but a lot of them live in western Pennsylvania, you would think some would show up. I am not being critical of the students, they have no obligation to be basketball fans, but it is surprising how little student support there is anymore at the games. I am grateful that the band and the cheerleaders have been at the games in force.

Colonials shot 1-12 3-pointers in second half. For the game Colonials were out rebounded 40-28. Fortunate to escape with the win. The crowd was disappointingly small, but was vocal. The student section had less than 10 people in it, and not all were students. I know the students are on spring break, but a lot of them live in western Pennsylvania, you would think some would show up. I am not being critical of the students, they have no obligation to be basketball fans, but it is surprising how little student support there is anymore at the games. I am grateful that the band and the cheerleaders have been at the games in force.
I think it's OK to be critical of the students. The support all season has been appalling. And you're right - most of them live locally. No excuses for them to not show up, even during spring break.

Reactions: LetsGoRomo2
I think the athletic department needs to do more to get students at games. If it's free pizza and a t-shirt every game for awhile until some excitement builds, then so be it.

The cost is minimal compared to atmosphere and excitement a good crowd can be.

I also think tickets to the general public should be lowered. Not sure of the financials behind the concessions, but need to fill the place. If RMU retains a large portion of concessions, sell tickets for next to nothing to get a following.

We have built it, but they have not come. And more disappointing to me, still in the NEC.

Reactions: Wurst_2_furst
So many good topics within.
  • Students attendance has been a huge disappoint. Zero excuse if on campus and you get for free.
  • Cost of food at the arena is ridiculous. $10 for a single Chick-Fil-A and a 4oz soda.
  • Still in the NEC...UGH

From what I recall, the whole building was privately. There is not immpedus to make money to repay anything.

I still think the school/president did the school a huge disservice by taking so long to fill AD roll when MAAC was interested. Any conference worth their salt would not take a school who thought it was OK not to have an AD in place for so long.

Well when you didn’t have an announcement of your AD leaving and force to fire someone, you have to make sure you hire the right individual.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT