ADVERTISEMENT

NEC Tournament

ColonialInsider

Aug 26, 2017
Robert Morris got the 4th seed and will play St. Francis Brooklyn on Wednesday at the NAC. I don't think there's a good match-up in this year's NEC - any team can win any game in the tournament. That said, RMU probably lucked out that it'll play a team that isn't explosive offensively.

RMU beat SFBK twice in the regular season. Both were defensive contests. Hopefully that means RMU realizes how it needs to play again on Wednesday. Defense will be the way this team wins.

No one is safe, though. SFPA is the top seed, but they split the season series against Bryant, so the Bulldogs could pull the upset. Same with FDU against Wagner, though FDU has won five straight. LIU has also split the season series against Sacred Heart.

I bet we see some upsets Wednesday. And if RMU wins, it's entirely possible it'll still get to host a home semifinal game because of the upsets.

Robert Morris got the 4th seed and will play St. Francis Brooklyn on Wednesday at the NAC. I don't think there's a good match-up in this year's NEC - any team can win any game in the tournament. That said, RMU probably lucked out that it'll play a team that isn't explosive offensively.

RMU beat SFBK twice in the regular season. Both were defensive contests. Hopefully that means RMU realizes how it needs to play again on Wednesday. Defense will be the way this team wins.

No one is safe, though. SFPA is the top seed, but they split the season series against Bryant, so the Bulldogs could pull the upset. Same with FDU against Wagner, though FDU has won five straight. LIU has also split the season series against Sacred Heart.

I bet we see some upsets Wednesday. And if RMU wins, it's entirely possible it'll still get to host a home semifinal game because of the upsets.

Yep very true. Glad after what 2-3 years? of not having an NEC home game this team didn’t completely collapse during the end of the year (although they started 7-2 & ended 11-7).

If they can play the D their capable of and at least put up 60-65 against SFBK in a more defensive contest they can win.

Wow what a comeback! Hard to believe after their putrid first half. Matty carried them into the overtime. What a winner he is. Pettiway made numerous critical plays. Josh wasn't really feeling it from deep but he found a way to put up points.

Josh, Matty, and Malik willed this team to a win. That was an unbelievable effort in the second half and OT.

Josh fighting through cramps to lean into a shot on one end and then stifle Sanabria on the other was awesome.

Two close games this year against FDU, including that wild 2OT game in NJ. Gotta play this one like they did in second half up there and in the first game. Certainly can't let FDU score 47 in the first half.

Josh is always calm and cool, he does not show a lot of emotion. As a result, I don't think he gets noticed as much as he should for some of his great plays. Last night and in recent games he has shown that he is much more than just a great outside shooter. If he sees a crack, he can make some really nice moves to the basket, and you can count on him finishing with a score. He has come up with some key rebounds and defensive plays also.

FDU is the hot team in the Conference right now. Last night senior leadership Josh, Matty, and Malik lead the way to pull out the victory. They can't give away the first half again and expect to win, but with those three guys taking the lead the Colonials are very capable of winning.

Note, Josh is listed as a senior since he is in his fourth year of college. He does have another year of eligibility left. Since he was not recognized on senior night, I assume that he plans to be back next season.

How did we go from offensive foul FDU to FDU ball out of bounds w/40 secs left in 2-point game?

Can’t wait for RMU to leave the NEC.
Refs work regionally, I think, so leaving may not help. But that was a very confusing situation. I could have sworn they called a charging foul on FDU, then they went to the monitor and gave FDU the ball.

RMU had other chances to pull it out but that was bizarre.

Hopefully there's no major turnover, RMU can add a few pieces, and take off running next year. Wouldn't mind adding someone who can create offense off the dribble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT