ADVERTISEMENT

RMU vs Penn, lose by 1!

R-M-U-h-o-o-p-s-f-a-n

Aug 3, 2015
RMU, even tho expected to win this game by some, still has growing to do with each other. Only 5 returning players and 6 newcomers (on scholarship) this team truly has had a lot of turnover. Some games they may play well and others they might not, i expect them to be competitive for sure by start of the conference schedule.

Game notes:
RMU hung close at the beginning of the game for a few minutes but then Penn opened up like a 9 pt lead and it grew to double digits and stayed double digits for a LONG time.

Personally, I didn't think this game would become close again. In the second half, at like the 9:30 to go mark, Penn had a 15 point lead. RMU went on a very nice run with like 4 3s and eventually got their first lead of the game. Watching the game on my Ipad, I was personally celebrating.

At the end of the game, with less than 10 seconds left, Pryor got a good look but missed. No one can blame him for this loss tho as he had 28 pts and if he made that, he would have had 30!

-I kind of wish Toole had his team go 2 for 1 as they were only down 1 with 30 seconds to spare.

Matty McConnell said he was nervous before the game and it showed some as he only shot 2-7 from the field. I expect to see him bounce back from that and improve. He needs to take shots that give him a little more room and play with confidence and he should be fine.

All in all, a close ending but a loss.
Let's Pull a big upset over Cincinnati tomorrow just like Radford beat G-Town today!

Go RMU.

PS: Rodney Pryor was amazing and put up 28 points on 12-18 shooting!
With 2 assists, 2 blocks, and 8 boards!

It was a tough loss and a game RMU probably should have won. But, they came out and looked flat in the beginning. Too many turnovers and too many quick possessions of not running the offense all the way through. Penn made plays and hit their shots, I give them credit. Pryor was outstanding and the second half definitely gives us hope the rest of the way.

Second half they rallied, didn't turnover much, and played like a team.

They should have some confidence from that going into tomorrow's game and the rest of the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT