ADVERTISEMENT

RMU-CCSU

JayFrank17

Nov 5, 2015
Robert Morris fans aren’t use to this. They aren’t use to inconsistency and losing seasons. The Colonials are 4-6 in the NEC, with an overall record of 6-17. Coming off of a tough loss to rival Saint Francis PA, Robert Morris looks to get back on track against Central Connecticut State, the worst team in the NEC. Last week against SFPA, Isaiah Still paced the way with a career high 25 points. The Colonials clawed their way back, but the deficit was too large, ultimately walking away with their seventeenth loss of this college basketball season.

It’s tough, man.

We’ve all been waiting for this team to turn their season around, but at this point, we know what they are. This team has plenty of talent to seriously contend in the NEC, but for whatever reason, they have been unable to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Time after time, this team comes out of the gate slow and quite frankly, they sometimes look uninterested. Why is that? Nobody really knows.

RMU’s offensive efficiency is awful. There are a lot of quick shots early on in possessions. Since I’ve been a student here, I don’t recall the last time I’ve seen so much one on one play and isolation ball. Part of what made Karvel Anderson so great was his ability to play within the offense, resulting in easier shots for himself, and his teammates. It flowed. This year, it’s just now flowing.

think Aaron Tate not playing this season is a huge loss; more than most people think. He was kind of that glue guy that kept everyone in sync. Tate knows his role and while he isn’t a player that leads verbally, he lets his play speak for itself. This team is young and the lack of veteran leadership has been a problem. I’m not saying that’s why they are losing by any stretch. All I’m saying is that in the past, the Colonials have had outspoken leaders who held themselves and their teammates accountable. Thus far, that seems to be missing.

The Colonials are currently tied for seventh in the NEC with LIU and Bryant. If Robert Morris wants to make a quick climb up the standings, they must take care of business tonight. There are probably a few Intramural teams that could give CCSU a run for their money (not actually). My point is, CCSU is a very bad basketball team and while the Colonials have had their struggles this season, they are a much better team than the Blue Devils. After this game tonight, the Colonials will be welcoming in Bryant and Saint Francis PA to town.

Tonight is just the beginning of a HUGE three-game home stand. Over the next week, the Colonials potentially could make a splash in the NEC and be right in the middle of things with a 7-6 record (if they sweep). Or, the Colonials could lose two out of three (or even worse, get swept) and find themselves struggling to make the NEC tournament.

Rodney Pryor believes he can play in the NBA and if he wants to keep his dream alive, taking control of this team and taking over the NEC sounds like a pretty good idea. He’s struggled since returning from injury, but he’s slowly starting to play better and have more of an impact. Time is running out. Will the Colonials respond?

Robert Morris fans aren’t use to this. They aren’t use to inconsistency and losing seasons. The Colonials are 4-6 in the NEC, with an overall record of 6-17. Coming off of a tough loss to rival Saint Francis PA, Robert Morris looks to get back on track against Central Connecticut State, the worst team in the NEC. Last week against SFPA, Isaiah Still paced the way with a career high 25 points. The Colonials clawed their way back, but the deficit was too large, ultimately walking away with their seventeenth loss of this college basketball season.

It’s tough, man.

We’ve all been waiting for this team to turn their season around, but at this point, we know what they are. This team has plenty of talent to seriously contend in the NEC, but for whatever reason, they have been unable to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Time after time, this team comes out of the gate slow and quite frankly, they sometimes look uninterested. Why is that? Nobody really knows.

RMU’s offensive efficiency is awful. There are a lot of quick shots early on in possessions. Since I’ve been a student here, I don’t recall the last time I’ve seen so much one on one play and isolation ball. Part of what made Karvel Anderson so great was his ability to play within the offense, resulting in easier shots for himself, and his teammates. It flowed. This year, it’s just now flowing.

think Aaron Tate not playing this season is a huge loss; more than most people think. He was kind of that glue guy that kept everyone in sync. Tate knows his role and while he isn’t a player that leads verbally, he lets his play speak for itself. This team is young and the lack of veteran leadership has been a problem. I’m not saying that’s why they are losing by any stretch. All I’m saying is that in the past, the Colonials have had outspoken leaders who held themselves and their teammates accountable. Thus far, that seems to be missing.

The Colonials are currently tied for seventh in the NEC with LIU and Bryant. If Robert Morris wants to make a quick climb up the standings, they must take care of business tonight. There are probably a few Intramural teams that could give CCSU a run for their money (not actually). My point is, CCSU is a very bad basketball team and while the Colonials have had their struggles this season, they are a much better team than the Blue Devils. After this game tonight, the Colonials will be welcoming in Bryant and Saint Francis PA to town.

Tonight is just the beginning of a HUGE three-game home stand. Over the next week, the Colonials potentially could make a splash in the NEC and be right in the middle of things with a 7-6 record (if they sweep). Or, the Colonials could lose two out of three (or even worse, get swept) and find themselves struggling to make the NEC tournament.

Rodney Pryor believes he can play in the NBA and if he wants to keep his dream alive, taking control of this team and taking over the NEC sounds like a pretty good idea. He’s struggled since returning from injury, but he’s slowly starting to play better and have more of an impact. Time is running out. Will the Colonials respond?

Only 8 games left... RMU has a future professional basketball player on its team (Rodney) & he needs to get going tonight or ASAP.

I agree, he needs to start scoring more if he wants a good shot at making an NBA roster.

Anyway... We need to hit our threes tonight. CCSU has the worst 3pt defense in the NEC (at around 39 %).
This is THE GAME to get that feel and stroke back for all the players (Rodney, Matty, & Still for sure).

Most teams can't make its outside shots normally can scor cdown low with its BIGS. RMU really has No bigs as it has a barely 6-7, 200 lb guy (Giles) manning the middle.

Not having big (like large) scoring big men or outside shooting is like the death of a team.

I feel like our best chance at making a run is to at least shoot 33 % and up from deep and make a run.

A full team effort & people finding their stroke (in general & from deep) will be necessary for this team to make a run...

8 games left. Let's Go....

RMU............!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT