ADVERTISEMENT

NEC STARTS - SFU WEEK

LetsGoRoMo

Aug 29, 2016
Thought I new thread might be in order to get this week going.

St. Francis coming to the Moon on Saturday. They have played a tough schedule with their first 4 games and had a tune up vs Malone this last weekend.

They are a solid team, and probably are thinking they can win the NEC, and I think they have a good as shot as anyone.

How great would it be see Colonials put a HUGE damper on their post season dreams?? These NEC games can typically go anyway. Look at what Wagner did last week to SHU.

The O, although struggled, put together their best game. Had the turnovers, but did well with time of positon. Hopefully the team can build on what they did well, and minimize what they did wrong.

I am going to wait on a predicition, but getting more positive by the hour.

Any word on Buss? I think they did say he was hurt during the game broadcast.
Also, for what it is worth, I think we have a great group of posters here, might not always agree but there is usually some really good posts and I truly enjoy reading what everyone else thinks.

Let's Go Ro-Mo!

I agree that the NEC is a crap shoot.

SFU played a very tough first 4 games and has made them even more formidable. But they also showed they aren't ready for the bigger FCS schools just yet much like everyone else.

Duquesne just looks like they are missing something. They are still good but the K State loss made me think they aren't power house material either just like everyone else.

SHU just knocked of a #25 team and comes back to get beaten and I mean beaten by Wagner? Who are they now hungry or pretender?

After those three I believe it's a free for all and everyday feel like we could make some noise.

So this week:
SFU likes to run and we can stop the run. EVEN

SFU has best kicker in possible all FCS. We can't kick a FG to save ourselves. PLUS SFU

Kick and Punt return game is strong for both. EVEN

Punt game is stronger for RMU. Could come down to field possession PLUS RMU

Passing game could go either way. SFU is executing a bit better than RMU, but RMU is showing signs of putting it together. I say advantage SFU because they have had a tougher schedule to execute against.

So it comes down to the running game for RMU can they get it going up front and get to the second level with their size and athleticism it should be plus for RMU, but it's skill and experience on SFU. I'll say EVEN

So if RMU can make it a field possession game and limit the big pass plays. I think it's a low scoring slobber knocker at the Joe with RMU putting together one more drive than SFU final score:

14-13. RMU
LETS GO COLONIALS!!!!!

Last edited:
RMU Rushing Offense vs. SFU Rush Defense
RMU averaging 57.5 rushing yards per game
SFU giving up 133.4 rushing yards per game

RMU Passing Offense vs. SFU Rush Pass Defense
RMU averaging 92.4 passing yards per game
SFU giving up 205.2 passing yards per game

RMU Scoring Offense vs. SFU Scoring Defense
RMU averaging 8.2pts per game.
SFU giving up 23pts per game.

SFU Rushing Offense vs. RMU Rush Defense
SFU averaging 169.2 rushing yards per game
RMU giving up 138.8 rushing yards per game

SFU Passing Offense vs. RMU Rush Pass Defense
SFU averaging 205.2 passing yards per game
RMU giving up 227.6 passing yards per game

SFU Scoring Offense vs. RMU Scoring Defense
SFU averaging 26.6pts per game
RMU giving up 25pts per game

RMU Total Offense vs SFU Total Defense
RMU is averaging 150 total offensive yards per game
SFU is giving up 338.6 total offensive yards per game

SFU Total Offense vs. RMU Total Defense
SFU is averaging 369.4 total offensive yards per game
RMU is giving up 366.4 total offensive yards per game

Individual Statistics Notes:
SFU has the NEC leading rusher with Bagley who averages 120 yards rushing per game. Last week it was Jordan-Toney who scored 4 rushing TDs against Malone. SFU is loaded at RB and have a seasoned big OL.
SFU also has the #1 WR in terms of receiving yards in Kamrom Lewis
And Lorenzo Jerome might be the next NEC player in the NFL. 5 Games, 4 INTs.

Reactions: M4Fam
Great posts ORMC and M4.

I am more worried about their passing game, even more so if Branch is out. Does anyone know if that has been evaluated by the NCAA yet? I can't imagine that they do not overturn the suspension, but I did not think the replay offical would make it stand. That call still bothers me. Having him in makes a huge difference.

I have faith in D stopping/slowing the run, and would be pleased if that was SFU's game plan. I also have a ton of faith in Farison's coaching and schemes. I expect to see a couple new blitzs this week and new looks to confuse thier QB. I do not think there are many coaches, certainly at the FCS level that implement changes in a week as well as Farison. I know I have said it before, but RMU is lucky to have him.

No word yet on Buss I guess, or if Barr is going play or how he looks. Still early in the week but would be interesting to know who is going to the first team practice reps this week. Also, is Fennell going to be back? He will be missed if not.

R-Chek will need to look at other WR's this week, seemed to be focused in on 80 a lot, and their DB's seem to start just the flat route later in game. I could be wrong though as I have not rewatched game.

Last edited:
Nice job Original RMC that is a tremendous analytical post.

Great Post Guys !! Original RMC you know better than anyone when NEC play starts ( Conference Play ) anything can happen.

I think we have seen strides in the offensive line hopefully we can get a healthy fennell and potakor back this week. Will be interesting to see if barr and buss come back.

Going to piggy back a little bit but I'm not sure we realize how lucky we are to have a Coordinator with the skill and intellect like Coach Farison. I know the YSU and Liberty scores are a little deceiving but week in and week out our defense puts us in positions to be successful. Happy to have him as a Colonial !!

Also just thinking about injuries and guys who have missed time ....

QB- Barr, Brumbaugh, Bodeman, all have missed time
RB- Blake, Owens, Satcher, Woods, Dreher all have missed time for one reason or another
FB- Ben line ( suspension )
WR- Buss, Robinson, Howard, Madison, Centofanti all missed time
OL - Fennell, Potakor, Bjuro, McCallister, Garbenis, chambliss all missed time
DL - Swiss Steve
LB - Jimmy Masson, Gerald Ferguson
DB - Andy , Ryan richards, Branch ( pretty much has missed two whole games )

Just to put things into perspective that's 18 guys who have contributed or started in their careers that have had this season cut short to injuries or missed time. Tough to really read this team with all of these key contributors out or missing time. Hopefully with the start of conference play and the 0-0 mentality we can surprise a few people !!!

Last edited:
I didn't realiE that's how big the list was, and you didn't include Gerald Ferguson either who was suspended a few I believe

Anyone have updates on the injuries? Buss, Fennell, Satcher, Barr, etc?

Edit: Is Branch going to be able to play? I hope that awful, awful call is reviewed.

Reactions: Confusion23
Fennell didn't have anything torn like originally thought which is great news. And I think Barr is still day to day, which he has been for a month now

Buss was home for a bit. His Mom has been in the hospital and is very ill.
Good thoughts and prayers for Kyle, his Mom and his family.

Banny said on the Banny Show Fennell and Garbs are back for this week and it will be a new O-line combination this week as well. Great too have them back!!

To add to what M4 said, I think Coach said Line was going to be back also which should also help with blocking. That's no knock at all on Skuratowicz, who I think has been fantastic.

FB is mental, I think someone had mentioned buss's mother is ill, just thought I heard on radio during game last week that he was hurt. Either way, I know we all wish the best for him and his family.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT