ADVERTISEMENT

Football, this season, next season

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
So, was this season an improvement? Is there reason for optimism for next season?
Do drastic changes need to be made to the offense before next season? Do we have players that can step up to fill some big shoes left by graduating seniors? Which positions need to be the focus of recruiting? Incoming RMU President, Dr. Christopher Howard, was a star running back at the Air Force Academy. Will he be looking to upgrade the football program? Is Mike Stojkovic an pro prospect? I mean a serious, legitimate pro prospect. What do you all think?

Personally, looking back at the schedule, I would feel a lot better had it not been for the two shut out losses late in the season. Losing to Cent. Conn. and SFU is one thing, but the Colonials should not be shut out by NEC opponents. The win against Bryant certainly helps to provide some optimism for the future. Matt Barr and the offense proved they can put together scoring drives and not turn the ball over.

Yea that would awesome. Where is this program headed? Upswing? I def would like to hear some thoughts on any changes, specifically to the offense.

Here is what I'm thinking:
2015 Recap (looking back at the games, highs & lows...etc)
Looking Ahead (ideas on recruiting, replacing seniors with who?, what needs to be adjusted and potential for next season)

All sounds good to me, and maybe who surpassed expectations this past season and who underachieved maybe

Original_RMC - Always interested in your RMU football observations.

Interesting, 4 of the Colonials' 11 opponents are either ranked, or received votes in the FCS top 25 poll, Dayton, Youngstown, S.D. State and Duquesne. Dayton and Youngstown could have been victories by a difference in just one or two plays. Duquesne turned out to be a close game, the Colonials losing 16-7. S.D. State is an FCS powerhouse, but RMU was able to keep the game respectable. The Colonials competed well against quality opponents. If they could have held it together as well against Sacred Heart, Cent. Conn. and St. Francis we could be feeling pretty good about the direction of the program now. In my opinion, the Colonials, as a program, are not that far away from being able to compete for the Conference championship.

The defense in my opinion is a top tier FCS defense capable of playing with anybody. And they had great special teams play most of the year too. If the offense could've just gotten a few more points, they would be playing this Saturday against William and Mary instead of duquesne

Also saw last night that RMU offered franklin regional TE/DE Todd Summers. His hudl says he's 6'4" 220 lbs,

I know Original_RMC is going to be putting up his recap of the season, but does anyone else have any observations about this past football season, or the prospects for next season? Or, have RMU fans totally moved on to basketball and have forgotten about football already?

I think the future of the football team is really bright and the potential is definitely there. And I would love to talk to anybody about the season who is interested

Matt Barr and Tyler Brown both appear to have good talent and potential, but were both freshmen this year, and that was compounded by injuries. In the final game of the season, the offense, with Barr at QB, started to show what they are capable of doing. Next season with Barr and Brown having a year of experience, and if whichever is the starting QB at the beginning of the season stays healthy, the offense may be much improved. Is there hope for this offensive system, and the current OC, or does Coach B need to make changes in the off season?

Some sort of scheme change could do wonders I think. Just a different voice. The team appeared to get deflated easy this season (and last year) when going down early because of lack of adjustments... at least in my opinion.

I do think there are some players. You know Farison is almost always going to have the defensive side of the ball ready to play. A lot of credit needs to go to the defense this year. Being on the field as much as they were with little help from the offense had to be demoralizing.

Moving forward, on offense, I thought Kyle Buss and Cole Blake both lived up to they hype as dynamic playmakers. We're still on the Ram Owens bandwagon, right? I lie him a lot too. Next year, I hope they move Lamica back out wide. QB/OL is concerning, but maybe something different can help mask that a little

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT