ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive frustration

Chris Cappella

Mar 14, 2012
I know the season is early, but this just might be something to keep an eye on as the season develops.

As some of you may know, I'm a New York Jets fan. Yes, it can be as bad as it sounds. One of the worst seasons of recent memory was the 2011 "tebow-mania" season. In a book published about the Jets that season, there was a lot of clash between the two units. The Jets had a dominating defense and a really, really bad offense. it came to the point where there was a divide in the locker room from the offensive and defensive players. The team chemistry was awful and it was even apparent when watching the team play it was a problem.

Robert Morris has a very young offense. I am by no means saying this is the case now, or this will ever be the case with this team, but the RMU offense is struggling to begin the year. The defensive players are certainly a little frustrated with how the team did not come away with a win Saturday based on their performance.

Again, I reiterate that there is no divide in the locker room but if the offense continues to struggle (and I don't think that will be the case) hopefully that frustration doesn't boil over into team chemistry.

The moral of the story is to not higher Tony Sparano as your offensive coordinator.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News