ADVERTISEMENT

Battle 4 Atlantic, Tennessee addition

ColonialCrazy

Oct 28, 2011
Preview will be up sometime Tuesday, but a few more things here as the Colonials prepare for a mini two game tournament down in Chattanooga Tenn.

Rodney Pryor looks like a great find. I'm interested to see how he performs in this tournament because you can be sure that Chattanooga, and whoever RMU plays in their second game, will be prepared to deny Pryor and run him off the three point line.

Bigs down low! Need to see more production from the forwards. I've liked what I've seen from Leo Gomis, but man has Stephan Bennett been a disappointment so far. Only four games in, so Hawk has plenty of time to turn things around, but I would like to see some more from him. I also am looking for Aaron Tate to pick it up on the boards. He's only grabbing 2.5 through only two games. Need to see him grabbing five to six per.

Focus: This may be my biggest worry for a young team that plays so many guys who are new to division one basketball. They will be playing miles from home over the holidays, including one game on Thanksgiving. With such a quick turnaround from game one to game two (Less then 24 hours) how will the Colonials adjust? Will the focus be there, particularly in the second game? We will see.

I think Robert Morris performs very well in this tournament. They seem oh so close to figuring things out. Chattanooga is a mid level SoCo team, and I expect the Colonials to win that one. Game two will be a very difficult game. Both UL Monroe and Coastal Carolina are good midmajor teams. I like RMU chances more against Coastal Carolina.

Marcquise Reed tournament MVP, RMU 2-0 with a win over Coastal in the "championship."

Hopefully the Colonials give us two victories for Turkey Day.

--Lee Kunkel
--@Kunkel5

This post was edited on 11/25 1:49 PM by ColonialCrazy

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT