ADVERTISEMENT

Aaron Tate

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Ever since his recruitment, I have questioned why RMU signed Aaron Tate. It seems that the word undersized often appears in front of his name, in fact, he has even referred to himself as undersized for his position, power forward. He is listed at 6'5", and I would guess that may be generous by an inch or two. Not only is Tate undersized, but he has limited offensive skills. With the level of success the program has achieved in recent years, especially coming off the big UK win at the end of last year, and knowing how hard the coaching staff works at recruiting; I expected a more impressive recruit.

Game after game, Tate proves me wrong, and the coaches correct. With the limited roster of the Crazy Eight, Tate not only is an undersized power forward, but often a super undersized center. However, he has proven that he can rebound against anyone, he is a solid defender, he has very quick reactions that enable him to grab loose balls, or make steals and assists, and although his offensive skills are limited, when he gets an opportunity near the basket, he is able to finish. When he enters a game now, I just know that RMU is going to get its share of rebounds.

Tate is a bit short, but the man is an Ox. You're not moving him on the block, and he sets some strong screens. He's gotta be the strongest guy on the team, but pound for pound I'm taking my man Ant in a lift off!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT