ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 basketball recruiting class

ColonialInsider

Aug 26, 2017
Four scholarships available for next year's recruiting class. Guards Josh Williams, Sayveon McEwen, and forward Yannis Mendy will graduate, and RMU also has one open slot left from this past season.

And it looks like the first spot is taken by Trayden Williams, a 6-2 guard from North Carolina.

From HOOPSEEN.COM

2020 PG TRAYDEN WILLIAMS UPDATES RECRUITMENT

Justin Byerly September 15, 2019
HoopSeen%20Generic%20Photo%20.jpg

North Mecklenburg (NC) High School has produced some quality basketball players over the years that have went on to play at a high collegiate level.

The 2020 class for Duane Lewis' squad features two prospects that will play at the next level. Trayden Williams and Tristan Maxwell are sure fire recruits at the mid-major level and higher. HoopSeen caught up with Trayden Williams to discuss his recruitment.

The 6-foot-2 point guard took an official visit to Robert Morris University this weekend. "It went great," he said about the official visit to the Pennsylvania campus. "Staff was great, every staff member cares for the students more than anything. The campus was nice, I love their facilities."

He also holds offers from Western Carolina University and UNC-Asheville but no other visits have been planned out yet.

Image-North Meck Basketball

Like it! VC confirms and also lists Cleveland State as having offered. His highlight video shows him as a slasher and intermediate jump shooter. At first glance reminds me of a bigger Leondre Washington.

Found a nice article about RMU getting a steal in Cheeks here including some summer highlights. He's a combo guard and not a pure PG.

Reactions: ColonialCrazy
Not sure I understand three PGs but I think they are versatile. Saw some highlights of Kam and he looks like a nice player - Rivals 3 stars. Welcome all, lets run some circles around the NEC competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: ColonialCrazy
The early signing period started today and runs through the 20th. We'll see if all three guards who verbally committed sign, and if the fourth open slot gets filled. As with virtually every team, we could use some scorers.

Reactions: LetsGoRomo2
Trayden Williams, Enoch Cheeks, and Kam Farris all signed per the RMU Instagram.

That leaves one spot open for a forward. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a juco.

Trayden Williams, Enoch Cheeks, and Kam Farris all signed per the RMU Instagram.

That leaves one spot open for a forward. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a juco.
Good to know. Call me old fashioned but I'm surprised there's nothing about that on rmucolonials.com.

Good to know. Call me old fashioned but I'm surprised there's nothing about that on rmucolonials.com.
I get the impression the media relations staff is really overworked and understaffed. I know RMU went through some staff cuts earlier this year. Maybe it got some of those folks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT