ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburgh Pro-Am Summer Basketball

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Posting by DT_Pitt on Panther Lair

It's on ...

Before I get into the schedule, I'm putting out a request for help. We need 3-4 folks to help with score/stat keeping for the event. Anyone interested in helping can e-mail me atdt_pitt@yahoo.com

There will be 8 teams in the event with no more than 7-8 players per team. At this point, all of the Pitt players should be participating, as well as players from Duquesne and Robert Morris (don't know if any will be missing from these teams). I don't know one way or another about the Youngstown State players yet, but it doesn't look like the WVU players will be there (although that's not final).

What could make this Pro-Am solid is a strong representation from the Pro category. If I'm not mistaken, some older solid players such as Jokim Donaldson, Nick Novak and Lance Jeter are on board. There are some other really good names in the mix, but are not yet confirmed. As soon as I know, I will post them.

The set up should go as follows. At Montour High School, on July 6, 11 and 13, there will be four games -- two each at 7:00pm and 8:15pmn. The 8 teams will play in two pools, and the teams will play 3 games total against the other teams in their pool. This will set up the playoff round on Monday & Tuesday the following week (July 18 &19) with the Championship on July 20.

The Pittsburgh Basketball Club is still working on a "pre-event" night on Wednesday, June 29, including an introduction of all of the players, and perhaps a shooting and/or slam dunk contest. I hope this will happen, but it's far from set at this point.

I hope you will be able to come and see some of the games.

1 DT_PITT, Jun 14, 2016

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT