ADVERTISEMENT

NEC Power Rankings

LetsGoRoMo

Aug 29, 2016
Thought this might be a fun exercise, and would love to see what some others thought.

Counting down....

7. RMU - Hate to say it, and never thought I would, but the Colonials are down. For those of us who were around in the glory days, this might be the lowest the team has been (and I try to be positive, really I do). I think the fact that freshman are playing such important roles is a good sign that we have brought a lot of talent in. On the other hand, the previous years lack of recruiting have made that void. Bottom line is you can't win if you don't score. No TD's by the offense after 2 games, with Youngstown looming.

6. Wagner - 2-0 for sure, but have not played a really stiff schedule, that changes in two weeks when they go up to Boston College. Best of luck to Wagner, hope they keep it competitive.

5. Sacred Heart - Like Wags, 2-0, and like Wags, have not really played a challenging schedule. The Pioneers have Marist up next weekend, should be another W before they play former NEC member Stony Brook.

4. CCSU - 0-2, losses to Lafayette and JMU. Though JMU beat them fairly well, they were able to put up points. The Devils have Bowie State this weekend, so I expect them to get their first W.

3. Duquense - 1-1, rolled by Youngstown, and then beat a typically tough Bucknell. They play Dayton on Saturday so I think we will have a much better grasp on them then.

2. Bryant 1-1, this was tough, as I think them and SFU are close, but no ties. They had a real chance at beating Montana State, who is down for them, but still a really good team. They play Brown this weekend, which I think we be a great game. Side note, Barthelette is a heck of WR, think he will be all NEC for sure.

1. St. Francis 0-2, sure no wins, but hung with Montana and Towson. Montana just beat UNI at UNI this weekend. Long story short, I think the Franks are a heck of team. Again, for those of us who have been around RMU/C football for long, who would have ever thought. They have Columbia up this weekend, and I think they will roll them.

Again, would love to hear what others think, even if just in order.

Alright here is my shot at this:

#7-RMU. Can't argue it 0-2 and no offensive TDs. Even with a tremendous Defense this is where they are right now.
#6-Wagner and in agreement of analysis
#5-CCSU I think time will show their weaknesses and probably slip to sixth
#4-Bryant to me they still looked mediocre and can't compete with this years top offenses
#3-SHU to explosive and will show talent against Stony Brook. That will defiantly show if SHU can hang with top two teams in NEC
#2- SFU had toughest schedule so far and played well will be battling for top spot week to week
#1-Duquesne just looked that good to me and will only get better week to week. Plus we get an even better gauge with them playing the Flyers this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: LetsGoRoMo
#7-RMU. They are not a good team right now. They should be 2-0 with this talent.
#6-Wagner. Sure they are 2-0 but haven't played anyone to show if they are any good.
#5-CCSU. They showed they can score but can they play good enough D to win these non-conference games?
#4-Bryant. Played very tough on the road in a real test. Could easliy be #3.
#3-SHU. Tough D and perhaps the best QB in the NEC. Could sneak teams and win the NEC this year.
#2-Duquesne. Good win in Week 2 but expected more from them against YSU on the road.
#1- SFU. They are opening up eyes around the FCS. Two major road trips and almost pulled out victories. Week 1 was a shocking final score and Week 2, they should have won that game. SFU is no longer the doormat of the NEC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT