ADVERTISEMENT

NEC Football Preseaon Day

Hopefully, RMU will have the roster online soon.

Agree about the roster because I want to ensure that Eric McAllister is still there? I wondered why he didn't represent RMU this year.

Agree about the roster because I want to ensure that Eric McAllister is still there? I wondered why he didn't represent RMU this year.
All indications are he's still at RMU. As vocal of a leader as he is, perhaps RMU decided to have a couple of seniors take the trip since McAllister has previously gone.

McAllister is still around and will be the stalwart on the Oline.

This years Oline will be the first time in 3 years that RMU will actually start juniors and seniors...aka men.

The QB battle will be between George and Caleb. My money is on George. He looked better in the Spring Game and if it is close you should go with the redshirt sophomore IMO.

Defense will still remain as the big question mark. I hope they can put it together.

Thanks, irish_buffalo.
The JUCO transfers on defense will need to step up quickly if we are to see much improvement on defense.

Agreed on all accounts! Jucos and transfers should help defense but it will take time to work into a cohesive unit. My expectations are for the unit to bend but keep most games close late.

Lewis and Martin (get it?) is going to be interesting. Martin has it all, size, arm strength, accuracy, pocket presence and smarts. On the other hand, Lewis has most of those traits also, with the background of a really good program(LSU), and he was recruited by this staff.

I agree with Irish, if it’s close, go with George who could potentially be a 3 year starter for you. The experience could be invaluable down the road.

Go ROMO!

Yeah, nothing against Caleb Lewis but just because someone allowed him to hang out at LSU does not give him street cred as a top QB.

George has tremendous upside IMO as a pocket passer. With our opening schedule it might not matter. We might see 4 QB's get some time in that first 5 game stretch.

The D just picked up another Somoan/Hawaiian big man for the interior Dline. That is on top of Suppy (Supalo?). This will help with depth and could allow Pulley to move back outside. Hopefully Chris Stanford can live up to his potential. Add Smith and Thimons and our Dline all of a sudden looks pretty stout. Not to mention we actually have a good Dline coach this year. Being better upfront will obviously help the entire defense.

Of all of the issues about the D it is our safeties that draw the biggest concern IMO. Nothing against the kids but we are young and inexperienced back there. Hopefully a couple bulldogs come out of the woodwork and step up.

From what I can tell, there's only one new coach on the staff. Nick Alaimalo is the new running backs coach from LaRod Stephens-Howling. Not sure where LaRod went.

Rafael Tolontino is also gone, but it looks like RMU just moved John Faircloth from coaching safeties to coaching the DL along with Delbert Tyler (the recruiting coordinator). Faircloth has experience coaching the DL.

Everyone else should be the same. There might be an additional new assistant I'm missing, but no other departures. We'll see what it looks like once they post the new roster/coaches.

RMU still has the following two jobs posted

Football Program Data Analyst, Part-Time Football Moon Campus
Responsibility for assisting in the management of the intercollegiate football program. Specifically, will be involved in highly technical data analytic processes as well as coaching and logistical responsibilities. This is a part time temporary position that is required to work 950 or less (29 or less hours per week on a regular basis) hours per year. This position is not eligible for benefits.

Assistant Coach, Football (Cornerbacks) Football Moon Campus
Responsible for coaching student athletes and assisting in the management and administration of the intercollegiate football program within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Robert Morris University, Northeast Conference, and the NCAA. Focus on coaching cornerbacks.

It's August, the guys are in camp, the first game is only weeks away, and RMU does not have its roster on its athletic website yet. ???

They usually wait till the players pictures have been updated on check in day. I bet in the next few days it will be up.

No excuse for RMU to not have a roster posted. And some sort of pictures online about camp. You have to create a buzz to get people excited.

They have always been slow for reason, used to think it was AD keeping it close to vest. Not sure what reason is now.

Original_RMC and M4Fam I agree with you both.

I realize that RMU has a limited staff in the SID's office, so I am not faulting anyone, but every opponent on RMU's schedule, with the exception of Cent. Conn., have their rosters up. A lot of D-II and D-III schools have their rosters up. RMU Women's sports teams generally have their rosters up timely. It just gives the impression that RMU is not trying to cultivate more fan interest in football and men's basketball.

It is one of two things...

1). Lack of understanding of today's culture.

2). Laziness.

Either way it is bad.

Much like the Spring Game which started late, had zero concessions, no announcement, no program describing format or roster.

This is still a D1 program right? How do you sell yourself? Easy. Create a fun atmosphere. Have concessions. Sell your gear (cool UA stuff). Announce the Spring Game. Start on time. Hand out format and roster. Have music blaring. Bring back former players, especially legends and NFL guys. Hold inductions between periods. Perhaps skill challenges at halftime. Hold a Q & A with fans afterwards. Bring in recruits and make them feel extremely special. Let them see what a special place this is...

The question is where the ball is being dropped.

How much responsibility is on the football program? How much, in some cases, is on the sports information department? And how much is on the athletic department and university as a whole?

If the football staff is going to the athletic department and university and saying, 'Hey, we'd like to revamp the spring game and do all of these different things' and the university says no, or there's no money, I can't blame the coaches for that.

By the same token, if the sports info department is trying to put together a roster and the football staff is delayed in giving them names, positions, height, weight, etc., it's hard to blame the SID crew.

Maybe the new AD will help straighten some stuff out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT