ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recuiting Notes: Williams praises visit, Erie duo stops by

Andrew_Chiappazzi

May 7, 2008
Sixteen days until Signing Day...

Kings Mill (Ohio) wide receiver Jamison Williams was one of several recruits who visited this weekend - many more are expected in these final two weekends - and he came away impressed. Williams, who officially had his scholarship offer confirmed this weekend, took to Twitter to express his satisfaction with the visit.

"No lie man RMU has some great people on staff I love it here," Williams wrote while on his visit. The 6-foot-4, 195-pound receiver is expected to visit Sacred Heart, and he also has offers from Charleston Southern and Butler, but RMU has to feel good about where it stands.

----
The trend of recruiting "big" has continued this year. Last year, it focused on a number of larger sized recruits on the offense and defensive line. This year, bigger defensive backs and receivers have been among Robert Morris' top targets.

But with one or two spots open on the offensive line, Robert Morris is going big again. are available here. After getting looks from larger schools earlier in high school, Rotheram has settled in at the FCS level with his final recruiting. And the other schools in on him are some familiar names for RMU. Besides RMU, Rotheram also plans on visiting Youngstown State, and he's already visited St. Francis and Duquesne.
----
The holiday on Monday had kids everywhere off of school, and a few took advantage with visits across the country. Two, in particular, made the two hour drive from Erie to Robert Morris (a drive I've done far too often and one I could do in my sleep by now).

Cathedral Prep defensive lineman Devonne Barnes and safety you can watch here.

Robert Morris wants a lineman or two, especially at nose tackle, so Barnes is a natural target.

Tyree, however, is an interesting situation. The 6-foot-2, 195-pound safety has been committed to Bowling Green for a while. But the Falcons lost head coach Dave Clawson to Wake Forest and hired Dino Gabers from Eastern Illinois, which had not been recruiting Tyree. It's possible that Tyree might be looking at other options. A similar situation happened with former Cathedral Prep linebacker Kimani Smith, who had MAC offers but ultimately settled in at Robert Morris. We'll see what happens moving forward.

As always, keep checking with ColonialsCorner for the latest in Robert Morris recruiting news.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News