ADVERTISEMENT

3 up 3 down

bigpoppatm

Apr 11, 2012
As previously stated in articles that I have written before, I am definitely a in the trenches type of guy. I love all things between the hash marks on defense . I have attended 4 games this year and watched the other online. I have agreed and enjoyed just about everything you have written. But one part of your 3 up 3 down this week I disagree with. Forrest Mason: I have taken a special interest in watching him this season. I am a former college Player and had some opportunities to play on the next level but 5 knee surgeries wouldn't allow it. I said that because I want you to understand that I do know the game. This young man has the tools, size, speed, agility, drive to make things happen. He is constantly being double and triple teamed, no matter where they line him up. They are checking off at the line of scrimmage to constantly know where he is. Its is because he is taking on several guys in the trenches that players like Mike Cook and AJ Holderman are allowed to make big plays. Taking nothing away from those guys. But break down the film and you will see. I think Mason played hard against both VMI and Monmouth. And was in the backfield a lot and just missed several sacks. The VMI game I counted atleast four knocked down passes from him. I see this kid barring injury, making all conference very soon. Becoming RMUs all time sack leader. And before he leaves, RMUs next future all american.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News