ADVERTISEMENT

UK & RMU

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
RMU has played some good basketball teams through the years, but it has been a long time since the Colonials have been dominated in a game from start to finish the way they were last evening. The Colonials have a good mid-major team this year, and will likely win their share of games. Obviously they cannot compete with a team that has so many talented big men as UK, but then, there may be very few teams in the Country that can compete with UK this year. The team the Colonials faced last evening may be the most physically dominating team the program has faced in its history. This one game does not diminish my hopes for the Colonials this season at all. No team in the Country, other than UK, has a starting five made up of future NBA players, and also has a bench loaded with future NBA players. Good luck to Coach Cal and the Wildcats, and good luck to Coach Andy and the Colonials!

Nail meet hammer head. Dead on GoRMU.

This team has plenty of upside. That UK team is LOADED and RMU is still finding themselves. I cant wait to see how the team does against Ok State at the end of December. They have over a month until that game, and that will be a great measuring stick to see if they learned anything.

But whats up with Ant Myers Pate? I wish I had the answer. He is really struggling with his shot. Ant, you're a heck of a player, stop playing tentative and let it rip. I don't know if it's pressure, nerves, or what, but it's time to pick it up, or David Appolon, a wing, will take the starting PG job (okay, there is no way App becomes the starting PG, but Kavon Stewart is good enough to take that job from Ant if he doesn't pick it up). 1-14 from the field, 0-8 from 3, 4-13 from the free throw line. It's all confidence. I still believe in Ant. Just let it rip #5.

I agree we need Ant to start making some shots. Odd thing, Ant works as hard as anyone in the off season, including on his shooting, but he started out the season the same way last year, not being able to get shots to drop. I suspect he will get it worked out soon, just as he did last year. Hopefully, Kay will be back soon. His speed and explosiveness should really make the offense go, but he needs to get more playing time before the Conference schedule starts.

It looks as though, by the time we get to Conference play, all three JUCO transfers plus Jeremiah will be making significant contributions. Britt also has a lot of speed, talent and skill, great to have him available when needed. Great recruiting class, although it would have been nice to have gotten someone taller than 6'6" included.

As Andrew has mentioned it's going to take these guys time to accumulate. It sure would be nice to see Hawk come along a bit more.

He's so talented but still raw, you can tell he came from a small high school where he could just dominate with his sheer physical tools. His size is something RMU could use more of. Hawk/Worthem could be the best frontcourt in the NEC next year if they both continue to get better and develop a bit more, but that's down the line a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT