ADVERTISEMENT

RMU to play at WVU, for football?!

Any one hear a rumor of playing in Hawaii this fall. I heard because of a few cancellations from NEC foes,(Wagner,CCSU) Colonials may be flying to Hawaii to fill schedule????????

Sounds great! Let's go! Although, if I am in Hawaii, I may skip the football game. :)

Any one hear a rumor of playing in Hawaii this fall. I heard because of a few cancellations from NEC foes,(Wagner,CCSU) Colonials may be flying to Hawaii to fill schedule????????
Yes it’s true, my son told me his coach informed him yesterday that they were playing Hawaii

WOW
I look and didn’t see anything official about CCSU. I wouldn’t be surprise if more NEC decide not to play at RMU.
But CCSU did the same thing to Monmouth when they left the NEC.

I think the only NEC games that can be counted on are the away ones assuming RMU can't find a better game.

Assuming there is a season, many MAC schools and other G5 fbs schools are going to be looking for games with some of the P5 conferences doing only conference games. Might be a ton of road games but also an opportunity for a lot of $$ games.

I think the only NEC games RMU can count on are Duq and SFU.

From across the state in the Patriot League:
“We’re not going to take any steps to fill the holes in the [football] schedule until we have a clearer picture on where our presidents’ heads are as a group,” he said.
https://www.mcall.com/sports/colleg...0200710-4t46bdntgzcnfbynffp5c7kzjm-story.html

As an independent, RMU will likely be stuck waiting until conferences make their decisions on non-conference games. For all we know, RMU could lose the Bowling Green game and the rumored Hawaii game if the MAC and MWC announce conference-only schedules.

RMU at Hawaii would replace the Fordham game.
They are still working out details but not sure if or when they would be an official announcement.

RMU being independent will be help them with more potential money games. Would be an interesting season which might make RMU grow up rather quickly.

That would be great! I like a “we’ll play you anytime - anywhere” approach. Specially when there’s money as an extra incentive.

Any one hear rumors of a happy valley trip this fall?

That would be great! I like a “we’ll play you anytime - anywhere” approach. Specially when there’s money as an extra incentive.

Any one hear rumors of a happy valley trip this fall?

I have heard nothing to that rumor but the Big10 said no non-conference games. So with that, I'm thinking that is just a rumor.

The Patriot League canceled fall sports, Hampton did the same, and the PSAC (D2 in PA) may move everything to the spring. JuCo will play in the spring.

I remain skeptical that there will be a season at all.

ADVERTISEMENT