ADVERTISEMENT

RMU rejoins NEC for football

Great News. RMU will be able to compete Year 1 within the NEC for the title and FCS playoff bid.

This is great news. It also seems like the NEC kind of saw what was going on and adjusted how they do business, which was smart on their end. Now go get the Duquesne Vs RMU game at Acrisure Stadium fired up. You guys have been hinting that this was either the way to go, or might happen, so well done.

This is a great move. I think I mentioned this before, but locally RMU gets more from a loss to Duquesne than they would get from a win over Charleston Southern or Gardner Webb. These higher profile but geographically distant conferences have to make recruiting harder. The PSAC in D2 does recruit well against RMU and they can sell parents on almost every game being along I-79 or I-80. The NEC isn't that compact but its much more accessible than the Big South-OVC footprint.

A little off topic, but it seemed like RMU lost its way a bit under Dr. Howard trying to force its way into the national mid major conversation by any means necessary. Dr. Dell'Omo grew up witnessing the evolution of Monmouth and Rider, who have very similar histories to RMU, and seemed to follow that model. Hopefully RMU is back to being content with who they are and being the best at what they are, not what some wish they were. It really does seem like RMU is back on the right track with Dr. Patrick. Also Chris King is a great AD and RMU is lucky to have him.

Reactions: NewRomoFan
This is a smart reunion for school and conference. You all have done a great job researching and analyzing as this story unfolded.

Reactions: NewRomoFan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT