ADVERTISEMENT

RMU is a good choice for football recruits

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
A few reasons football prospects may want to choose RMU:

Dr. Christopher Howard:

The new RMU president was a successful D-I football player, who excelled on and off the field. He has an expectation for excellence. RMU students, including athletes, should be ready to achieve more than they previously thought possible.

Coach Banaszak:

Three Super Bowl rings - what more do you need to say!

Knows football. Understands student/athletes. Experienced coach.

A good man, who cares about his players on and off the field. A coach that not only the players respect, but also their parents.

Recruits can expect that he will be at RMU for their entire careers.

Coach Mike Miller:

Extensive NFL coaching experience, including being an OC. Knows what it takes for a player to reach the highest level.

Coach Scott Farison:

Proves every year that he is one of the best defensive coaches in FCS football.

Academics:

RMU is a place to be successful. Strong and gifted students can be challenged to prepare themselves to pursue top tier graduate programs and careers. Other students will be provided the needed support systems to give them every opportunity for success.

RMU embraces of student/athletes:

Recruits will find that RMU embraces D-I students/athletes and will have an opportunity to interact with athletes from other sports.

Please add your thoughts.

Last edited:
A few reasons football prospects may want to choose RMU:

Dr. Christopher Howard:

The new RMU president was a successful D-I football player, who excelled on and off the field. He has an expectation for excellence. RMU students, including athletes, should be ready to achieve more than they previously thought possible.

Coach Banaszak:

Three Super Bowl rings - what more do you need to say!

Knows football. Understands student/athletes. Experienced coach.

A good man, who cares about his players on and off the field. A coach that not only the players respect, but also their parents.

Recruits can expect that he will be at RMU for their entire careers.

Coach Mike Miller:

Extensive NFL coaching experience, including being an OC. Knows what it takes for a player to reach the highest level.

Coach Scott Farison:

Proves every year that he is one of the best defensive coaches in FCS football.

Academics:

RMU is a place to be successful. Strong and gifted students can be challenged to prepare themselves to pursue top tier graduate programs and careers. Other students will be provided the needed support systems to give them every opportunity for success.

RMU embraces of student/athletes:

Recruits will find that RMU embraces D-I students/athletes and will have an opportunity to interact with athletes from other sports.

Please add your thoughts.

I agree.. Good write up. Football should be on the rise now...

Now make one of how RMU is a good Hoops school and how they can start keeping players at the school (and from transferring)

Football landed another big commitment last night. Matthew gonzalez from 2 time state champion saint Edwards in Cleveland ohio. He is a big tight end/wide reciever who catches everything in sight

What a get by RMU

This young man has great hands and just when I think he can't block...he is blowing up DBs on bubble screens and LBs on counters.
It all comes down to the scheme for the offense but could be someone that we hear a lot about in 2016.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT