ADVERTISEMENT

RMU eying Darrin Hicks as coordinator

Andrew_Chiappazzi

May 7, 2008
Hearing from multiple sources that Darrin Hicks, currently the QB coach at D2 St. Augustine College, will be the new offensive coordinator at Robert Morris.

Hicks has been an OC in the past, and he's run what I guess could be called a balanced spread. Emphasized the run as much as the pass, multiple formations from 5 wide to Pistol with a tight end and fullback to Wildcat.

Hicks was also on John Banaszak's staff at Washington & Jefferson.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Not overly excited about the potential hire. I have heard 'talks' of Banny wanting to hire his guy so now we now have a name.

I would love to know who the staff brought in to interview but I know that information will never be released.

Darrin Hicks:
Current Position - QB Coach St. Augustine (DII)
2010-2012
OC & QB Coach - N.C. Wesleyan College (DIII)
2007-2010
OC - Delta State University (DII)
2005-2006

OC & QB Coach - U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (DIII)
2004-2005
Head Coach - Si-Tanka Huron University (NAIA)
2003-2004
Offensive Assistant - Texas State University (FCS)
Defensive Coordinator - W&J (DIII w/Banny)
2000-2002
OC - California Lutheran (DIII)
1999-2000
OL Coach - California Lutheran (DIII)
1997-1999
WR Coach - Emporia State (DII)
Graduate Assistant - Emporia State (DII)

I think the #1 things for Hicks is to review films on the current offense and then start having talks with Paul Jones. Hicks needs to understand what Paul's strengths and weakness are heading into Spring Ball.

Considering his track record, he will only be here for a year or two!
Apparently, Coach B has known him for quite some time; I totally trust his judgement in hiring an assistant.

From http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

Robert Morris (FCS - PA): [/B]Darrin Hicks has been announced as the new offensive coordinator. Hicks most recently served as the quarterbacks coach at St. Augustine University (D-II - NC). Also, Cornelius Coleman has joined the staff and will coach the defensive line.

I can confirm Coleman being hired as defensive line coach. Coleman was actually connected to Robert Morris in the past, working in the compliance office for a couple years while he worked on his masters degree. He's a graduate of Waynesburg and was the assistant head coach/DL coach/recruiting coordinator for D3 Averett University when that staff was fired back in November.

It's also sounding like Bob Morris may not return as receivers coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT