ADVERTISEMENT

Recent signings

wildelk2

Oct 20, 2007
Kudos to Coach for signing team mates Ryan Skovranko and Elijah Minnie. Not only are they local products, but between them they had offers from Va. Tech, West Virgina, Temple and St. Joe's. After losing Thompson and McFadden Andy's brought in rebounding help for Lucky.
I'm excited; couple this enthusiasm with lots of home games in non-conference and lets get this season started already!

Originally posted by wildelk2:
Not only are they local products, but between them they had offers from Va. Tech, West Virgina, Temple and St. Joe's.
Completely and utterly false.

It is so nice that a Temple fan stopped by Colonials Corner in the pursuit of truth and to make sure that RMU fans do not get overly excited about recent recruits. Thank you JHG722, I am sure that you feel better about yourself now, and I hope you were finally able to get some sleep after getting that off your chest. By the way, congrats on that 9-22 record this year!

Originally posted by GoRMU:

It is so nice that a Temple fan stopped by Colonials Corner in the pursuit of truth and to make sure that RMU fans do not get overly excited about recent recruits. Thank you JHG722, I am sure that you feel better about yourself now, and I hope you were finally able to get some sleep after getting that off your chest. By the way, congrats on that 9-22 record this year!
Temple basketball history versus Bobby Mo basketball history.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Not sure which is sadder, that you have 22k+ post on a Temple message board or the fact you chose to come here and post.

Originally posted by Victory!!!:

Not sure which is sadder, that you have 22k+ post on a Temple message board or the fact you chose to come here and post.
Post count is accumulated throughout the entire Rivals network.

Basketball offers are pretty fluid. They get sent out and then pulled pretty frequently. That makes it hard to track.

Several of Minnie's offers disappeared because he still has to qualify academically. Robert Morris is willing to take more of a chance because of their history of working with players in that situation. Velton Jones, Russell Johnson, Lucky Jones and Karvel Anderson all had academic questions for a variety of reasons, but RMU was more than willing to work with them. In Anderson's case, that meant holding his spot while he caught up with JuCo classes in the summer. Similar with Lucky, where they waited until August for him to qualify.

Not every school is willing to do that. I know Minnie had a handful of offers on the table at the end, including Tulane and Virginia Tech. Memphis' interest was legitimate, but I don't know if they officially offered.

At one point, Skovranko had scholarship offers from the likes of Elon and Liberty, but I believe other prospects committed in front of him. Ultimately the chance to play close to home, regardless of scholarship situation, won out for him.

This is great stuff - hope Elijah is eligible for the upcoming season, he can be a really special player. If this class develops like V, Russ, Coron, Karvel and Lucky did under this coaching staff, all the schools listed above will wish they had offered (and not just Elijah). Congrats to Andy and staff on a job well done.

Go Colonials!

Really excited about this whole group!

A lot of size and some good scoring ability to go with it. Minnie is a stud. One of the best athletes I've seen play at the high school level. It may take him some time to develop on the offensive end, but he will contribute defensively right away.

Skovranko is skinny but has a nice frame that he can work into. You don't find many guys at his height that posses solid perimeter skills. Could be a steal if he develops. Wanted to ask Andrew, any reason why he is a preferred walk on and not a scholarship player??

One other note, I think Marcquise Reed could be the best player from this class. He can flat out score, and if he were a tad more athletic, could have been a high major commit. Those guys usually work out well at the mid major level. He has nice size for a guard (I've seen him listed at 6-3) and should have a chance to play for minutes the minute coach toole blows his whistle for the first time this fall.

As for the schools listed above JHG722, don't blame RMU fans. Other sites are posting these offers and interest. http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/robert-morris Click on either of the two recent commits and you will see the offers and interest listed. Not a fans job to go ligitimize this information. Go complain to them if you feel its false. No need to come here and rain on our parade. Did they 100% get an offer from every school listed? Probably not, but they did at least have interest from a lot of those schools, and that alone is reason to get excited for a school in the NEC.

One other note on the local signings, there was a ton of buzz on twitter from many across Pittsburgh. If Minne and Skovranko can have successful careers at RMU, or just a big season next year, I think it could really help attendance. Not too often that back to back local state champs commit to Bobby Mo. Hope the locals come out to support them.

Best I can figure is that RMU is holding a spot open for someone, likely a potential transfer.

That's the only thing that makes sense to me, otherwise I'm sure that they'd give Skovranko the scholarship.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I agree that Macquise Reed is a good recruit, and should be able to contribute some as a freshmen, but I suspect that, as with most true freshmen, he will need a year to transition to D-1 basketball. The player that I am excited about for next year is Rodney Pryor. He looks to be a potentially high level talent. Certainly he is not a sure thing, since he played only one year of juco, and then has been injured for the last year or two, which is probably why he was not recruited by higher level programs. Based on his track record he likely will be a popular kid on campus, he was prom king in high school and homecoming king at Cloud CC.

The new players should add a lot of excitement to the slam dunk competition!

Tremendous class that is loaded with talent. Congratulations to Andy and staff on a great job. We appear to be set for the next few years to continue our winning ways. Awesome stuff!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT