ADVERTISEMENT

Reasons for Optimism and Hope for a good Basketball season

R-M-U-h-o-o-p-s-f-a-n

Aug 3, 2015
I think this team will be easily be better than last year's team and there can be hope for Bobby Mo.

Here's why..........

Isaiah Still returning: RMU returns a very good prospect in Still this season... If he can play like he did when putting up 15-20 pts a game at the end of the season and getting to the rim and being the leader the team needs, RMU easily wins more games off his leadership alone.

Note: there was even an article in the Beaver County Times with him saying he's mentally ready to take on be a leader.

Also, M. McConnell shooting the rock better:

Coming into his soph. season like Still, I see McConnell easily improving on disappointing shooting stats last year.

A better McConnell will definitely help this team a lot..

Note:

McConnell injured his shoulder in the 2nd game last year and had to wear protection on it the remainder of the year. He had successful surgery on it in the offseason and is ready to go for this year.

Plus, Kavon's still running the show:

Reliable passing point guard Kavon Stewart will still be with the Colonials during his senior year.

Also, Giles returns:

Solid 6-7 F Billy Giles returns to RMU... The Kavon to Billy Giles play worked last year and I see it continuing more this year with even more chemistry.

New guards: While Toole loses Pryor (a struggling Whitely) , he picks up Lorenzen Wright Jr (Juco), Clive Allen (Fresh), and Dachon Burke.

Lorenzen Wright: -

Can shoot the ball from three and do it in volume... He shot over 39% from three last season in JuCo and can help RMU pick up their 3pt % from last yes that was horrendous...

Clive Allen:

Toole adds talented NYC combo guard Clive Allen to the squad this year... Could be a poetenial contender to take over the point in 2017-18 season, but can definitely help handle the ball and score off of the bench for this year...

D. Burke:

was notably on the all PBC Pro-am league team this year and dropped over 40 pts in a game. He also has a year of experience playing at a prep school after high school. He can handle the ball fairly well, is very athletic, and can shoot the ball pretty well too. I was impressed when seeing him play at the Pro-am

These new, athletic guards that can shoot the ball will help challenge the returning players and also provide quality people off the bench (something RMU didn't have last year at all).

New Bigs:

Toole added 3 new big men to the team plus Aaron Tate returns to show them how to play and play strong.

Toole added 3 bigs at least 6-7 or taller.

Braden Burke- 6-11 225lbs (skinnier but talented).

Think Dirk... -Burke can help replace Elijah Minnie. He has a 3 pt shot and might be better defensively than Minnie was too. Plus, he has 3 more inches in size which will help RMU much down low...

David Cole- Big big man down low... 6-7, 230lbs... He has some weight to help RMU down low. Showed promise in the Pro-am league games too.

Roberto Montovini..- 6-8, 225lbs
Haven't seen him play, but sounds like a solid player like Tate would will battle for his team.

Plus, the ever solid Tate returns:

Definite help and leadership for the team.

Another big with weight to enforce his will under the hoop... Always a solid player every single game.

Remember!!!: Last Year Toole had to play Rodney Pryor and Conrad !!! At the 4 and 5 spot at times last year!! It was sad!

These guys will definitely help!

It is a tough Scheudle as usual, but I feel with the added guards, returning players improving, and the new BIGS inforcing their will down low, this team can easily be amongst the top teams in the league this year and actually give RMU fans a team to be proud of...

Go RMU...

Okay, you convinced me. Maybe we have an outside shot at winning three non-conference games, and maybe we will get 1,200 RMU fans at Consol.
LOL, Thanks for the good analysis of the team.

Okay, you convinced me. Maybe we have an outside shot at winning three non-conference games, and maybe we will get 1,200 RMU fans at Consol.
LOL, Thanks for the good analysis of the team.

Lol thx...

The team's only real loss was Pryor,

I understand why you're still low on the team.

But with the additions, plus (a fired up) Toole returning, I see the ship turning around this year.

And I really hope I'm right (lol)

Go Bobby Mo...

Don't know a thing about Bball, but I do watch the guys online. R-M-U-H-o-o-p-s has me thinking we might be good this year. OOC schedule looks really tough though. If they get a few wins in OOC I would be happy.

Don't know a thing about Bball, but I do watch the guys online. R-M-U-H-o-o-p-s has me thinking we might be good this year. OOC schedule looks really tough though. If they get a few wins in OOC I would be happy.

Thanks...

OOC is tough unlike many other teams that schedule weak teams just to get some wins

Really hope it's a good year...

Go RMU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT