ADVERTISEMENT

Important Message for ColonialsCorner Readers - This Is Goodbye

Andrew_Chiappazzi

May 7, 2008
This is a little bittersweet to announce, but the time has come for me to take the next step in my career. And that means saying goodbye to ColonialsCorner and Rivals.

I've accepted a new job at the Beaver County Times, where I'll be producing and hosting video content. It's a new venture for the Times, and I'm thrilled to be a part of it. It also brings me full circle, as I first entered into journalism as a sports anchor and broadcaster. Fittingly, I'll now be stepping back in front of the camera on a regular basis.

All of this means that my time at Rivals has come to an end. Thursday (July 31) is my last day, and there's a lot that I'm going to miss. I started ColonialsCorner out of my own pocket and it grew year after year, enough to the point where we migrated to Rivals in the fall of 2011. From there it continued to grow. I thank each and every person who read and subscribed, because you made it possible.

As far as I know, Rivals intends to hire a replacement. I've made a couple of recommendations, but that's all the pull I have. I'll still be in the area, which means I won't be a complete stranger, but it's unlikely that I'll be doing much RMU coverage for the Times in the immediate future. But I'm always around on Twitter (@achiappazzi) and you can always email me at achiappazzi@gmail.com.

Thanks again to you all and we'll see what the future holds!

Andrew - congratulations and best of luck in your new endeavor. A sincere thanks for all your efforts in establishing this site. Your information gathering and insight on all things RMU-related is unmatched and you have set the bar very high for your successor. Best wishes.

Andrew - Congratulations to you! And, Congratulations to the Beaver County Times for hiring such a hardworking, dedicated, consistent, gifted, skilled, capable, intelligent, inexhaustible, unrelenting and proficient journalist.

Certainly this is somewhat of a sad day for those of us that are avid RMU fans and have enjoyed the year-round daily in-depth coverage of the Colonials. In the world of Division I, RMU may be a low-major, that often is able to compete as a mid-major, but the coverage provided by Colonials Corner has been the equal of anything available to high-major programs.

Even though this change is a loss for the RMU program and its fans; this is a happy day as you are being given a hard earned and well deserved opportunity to advance your career. I wish you nothing but the best!

Thank you!

You'll be missed, Andrew. Thanks for your contributions.

Much success in your new gig! Please stay in touch!

Congrats Andrew.
I wish you all the best and hopefully we will still be able to catch up at the home RMU football games.

Andrew- Thanks for your efforts in developing this board. It's plain to see much care, time and effort was put into your board! The board brings RMU fans together every day; that's what I like.

It must have been quite a thrill when RMU beat Kentucky. The board was pounded with hits! Moving forward, we hope there are more big wins like that magical evening, but simply talking RMU sports and following the team makes my day. Thanks Andrew!!!

Thanks Andrew for setting the bar. You have done a great job promoting RMU athletics and the program. Wishing you nothing but success in the future. Hopefully the torch will be passed soon and we can continue to get great insight on the Colonials.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT