ADVERTISEMENT

Game today- RMU loses again.......

R-M-U-h-o-o-p-s-f-a-n

Aug 3, 2015
Today, @ Columbia, RMU lost 78-71, but it really was closer than that as with under 30 seconds in the game, they had a chance to make a 3 and tie the game.

-Having a double digit deficit at the half (10 point) hurts and is hard to come back from against a good team like Columbia. A dude on their team with a last name of "Lo" made 8 3's. (He had 26 points on the game on 9-16 shooting).

-note....THIS IS THE SECOND FREAKEN GAME RMU HAS HAD A SINGLE GUY DRAIN 8 threes!!! Hooper had 8 too (dude from Oakland University). Need better defense on the perimeter!!!!

Food for thought...

-Pryor is a beast ,and IMO, should make the NBA if the draft was today. Put up 27 points, shooting 10-11 at the free throw line and 50% from the field (8-16). Last game he had 35 points. Dude's a beast!!

-Minnie shot 5-14 from the field but 1-9 (YES ONE FOR NINE!!) if he makes 3-9 (33%) RMU probably wins.

- Hometown Boy...- Matty McConnell did not score a single point in this game and only took ONE shot attempt. He's GOT to be more aggressive on Offense! He was recruited to score!! He did have 3 rebounds, 2 assists, and somehow a block tho...

Billy Giles- continues to score the basketball well. 14 pts on 5-7 shooting is very good. But, he sadly had 3 Turnovers. Also, had 3 Rebs.

***Key point***- All in all....Minnie, please start making you're dang threes and McConnell, please start being more aggressive on Offense. If these 2 things happened, RMU would have won and will win in the future.

Next up, Lehigh @TheChuck... On Thrusday @ 7pm. #packthechuck

Go Bobby Mo...

PS: PLEASE START WINNING... !

#losingsucks

Actually, I was quite encouraged with our performance in the 2nd half. Kavon did a very nice job of creating opportunities, we were active on defense and Billy Giles continues to make an impact. Rodney was great and Lo is one of the best players we will face all year.

The reality is that we haven't played one game where our projected starting lineup actually started. Aaron, Matty, Elijah and Jordan have all missed time. Hugley has yet to dress. The new guys have talent and are getting valuable experience but the lack of depth and continuity has been a challenge as we have folks regularly playing out of position.

Clearly, the league is up for grabs so if we continue to improve and get healthy we will be fine. Hope we can get a couple of wins tomorrow and Sat to jump start things.

Go Colonials!

Carlester, I agree with you. I think not having our full projected starting lineup out there kind if leaves an unknown. I think our early struggles really show valuable Aaron Tate is to this team. The NEC as a whole has been awful thus far. LIU has been performing up to par and I'd say they are the biggest threat right now. So I feel like once our best lineup is out there, that will give us a better feel about how things will go. However, regardless of who is out there, there is no excuse for allowing anybody to hit 8 threes in a game, especially now that it's been done more than once, there clearly is some sort of problem. I get Hooper and Lo especially because of his talent are going to hit their shots, but the closing out and rotations have to be better. I do have a weird feeling that once conference plays gets underway, things will start to fall into place...I honestly can't think of anybody in the NEC that can shut down Rodney Pryor. I think he's bound for great performances in conference play and I'm trusting Kavon will turn his game around...he knows he isn't performing well and people have eyes on him. My guess is that he responds positively! I know it doesn't seem like it, but bes too good to not break out of his season long slump.

My post was not to give up home, I still haven't, but to express my thoughts on the team. It does not help either that they've had so many games away from the chuck (like 8 of 10 so far). But, for a program as historically good a RMU, no excuse for having just 1 win.

Aaron Tate, will help this team out. But it's not like He's Pryor good or the team's savior. But...yes, he could be enough to strengthen the front court. And be a piece that fills the team to its fullest to get W's.

IMO, Billy Giles has more than earned a right to start over him. The offense he brings to the team is very good.

So the other starting spot (if they don't go small ball) is up between Minnie and Tate (Again IMO). Who would Toole pick between these two? Obviously Minnie has a lot more "talent" but Tate does the little things well. Either way, both will get at least 20 min a game.

The comeback could start tomorrow...

Go Bobby Mo...

Last edited:
Aaron's return won't automatically make us the NEC front runner. It will, however, provide us a capable, strong and determined leader who has a great understanding of our system. He also gives us much needed depth reducing other's minutes and allowing folks to play their natural positions (i.e. Elijah and Billy at 4 rather than 5). Honestly, just hope that he is able to return. Hate to see folks have their career cut short due to injury.

He will help... Just listened to the RMU hoops podcast for Triblive, and in the interview Toole said that Tate did practice today which is good. I don't expect to see him tomorrow, but would be good if he could play Saturday vs Duquesne.

But, he might not be back until after Christmas (maybe the 29th @ Georgia). We will see. They might not want to rush him back like they did the first time.

Next up... Time to beat Lehigh.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT