ADVERTISEMENT

Football transfers?

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Any rumors of football players transferring in for the spring semester?

Seems pretty quiet so far. Last years freshman class was pretty close and I think many are curious what the first year of "Banny Ball" is going to be like. But there might be some after spring ball if people aren't happy with playing time
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by GoRMU:
Any rumors of football players transferring in for the spring semester?
I think GoRMU was looking for any rumors of any FBS players coming in to RMU. (I still believe Rushel Shell will be a Colonial one day).
With PSU losing their Head Coach and Jones relationship with many current players, you do wonder could Jones help recruit any PSU transfers to RMU.

That's what I get for reading and posting on my phone.

I haven't heard anything. There certainly aren't any high profile guys ready for the spring semester like Paul Jones was last year. I've been keeping an eye on even any junior college transfers, and RMU's usual spots are quiet. Unless something's flying in under the radar, it sounds like the only mid-year transfers are Kyle Buss and Nelson Lee Lucas-Murphy from Milford Academy.

I know RMU is exploring options with a couple other Milford players, but they wouldn't be available to join in time for the spring semester now.

It's possible that RMU could get a late coaching change transfer like Original_RMC is suggesting, though from the sounds of it Penn State is going to move quickly to try and keep the momentum going.

Quick update: There aren't any big names coming in. To my knowledge, it may just be the two Milford Academy guys: Kyle Buss and Nelson Lee Lucas-Murphy.

It's definitely not like last year, which was pretty unique. RMU had one post-graduate player (Ryan Lewis) enrolling as a freshman. Billy Occean and Jimmy Masson were gray shirt guys who weren't in school in the fall and were technically part of the class the year before. And that's not something RMU wants to get in the habit of doing.

Dalton Raab was a transfer, Paul Jones was a transfer and Phil Peckich was a transfer. RMU is always open to those, but they each specifically addressed a position of need, too. Raab will be the long snapper (and filled in as a camp quarterback in the spring with just Jones and Derik Abbott on the roster). Jones was obviously a major target. And Peckich was a necessity at free safety along with freshmen Logan Kelleher and Andy Smigiera.

With another small class recruiting class, I think they wanted to focus on freshmen, with maybe a potential JuCo guy if appropriate. It looks like they'll be all freshmen recruits on signing day, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT