ADVERTISEMENT

Football and basketball suspensions

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Smith & Jones suspended for a year. This following the four basketball players who were suspended for a year. Every school that has an active athletic program faces these types of issues sooner or later. Unfortunately they sometimes happen in bunches and it looks bad. To the RMU administration's credit they have taken swift and hard action in both cases, with no special treatment for athletics. RMU suspended the basketball players in mid season, including a starter, who looked to be a future star. The football players suspended are two talented athletes who would have been important contributors to the team. They got no special treatment.

From what I know of the suspended players, both basketball and football players, they are not bad kids, not at all. I am not excusing anything they did, and they are rightfully paying a price for their actions. But, 19 and 20 year old guys, athletes and non-athletes do some stupid things. Even back in the old days, I can tell you that I did some stupid things when I was that age, and most of my friends did stupid things also. We were not bad kids, but we occasionally did some stupid things.

RMU took the proper action. It's unfortunate, but proper. I hope all of the young men are able to bounce back from this adversity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT