ADVERTISEMENT

Coron and Karvel

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
It's great to see Coron Williams having success at Wake Forest. He represented RMU well during his four years, both on and off the court. Moving onto Wake is a great opportunity for him to get to use his final year of eligibility playing in the ACC, and also to pursue a graduate degree at a top tier academic university.

As it turns out, his leaving may actually be a benefit to RMU. It is allowing Karvel to play the minutes he deserves to play rather than sharing minutes with Coron. Obviously Karvel is responding well to the extra playing time.

Also, if Coron had stayed, RMU would be losing both he and Karvel in the same season. With the early departure, RMU brought in Chuck Oliver who is also an outstanding shooter. While Chuck is able to be a very capable backup to Karvel this season, he should be well prepared for the starting role next season.

Sometimes things work out for the best for everyone involved.

Go Colonials!

Coron was a huge loss. He was always in the right place, a solid ball handler and had become one of our best defenders. I think he would have actually taken minutes from Ant and Kavon rather than Karvel. Most importantly, he would have provided us another offensive threat. He was one of the most underrated reasons for our success the past few years. I certainly wish him well and understood why he took the opportunity he did. He was definitely a good pickup for Wake. I'm glad to have Oliver but would have loved to have Coron for his senior season. Karvel is amazing - incredible player and story. Go Colonials! Incredible start to the league.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT