ADVERTISEMENT

Conference talk... Again...

LetsGoRomo2

Aug 10, 2018
Just have been doing some thinking... If RMU leaves NEC for BBall, seems clear with moves the conference has made to add football teams and Lacrosse teams seems like any previous leverage to stay as a football only or lacrosse only member has been lost.

Realistic Bball and non football options are Horizon and MAAC. I would prefer MAAC because lacrosse would have a nice home, as well as many of the other sports.

Obviously, no Football in either conference. So what are the realalistic options? Pioneer (please no), independent full scholarship, mvfc (no chance), OVC (highly doubtful), Patriot (do not think for football only it is a good option for a multitude of reasons), big south (probably would like to add to members, lots of really strong teams).

I would vote for big south, not really close. The only thing that would be better is a new conference in totally. We could make a dream conference, but I think autobids take a few years, schools are not going to want to miss out on that $$$.

My best guess, and what I hope for, is MAAC and big south for football.

Just have been doing some thinking... If RMU leaves NEC for BBall, seems clear with moves the conference has made to add football teams and Lacrosse teams seems like any previous leverage to stay as a football only or lacrosse only member has been lost.

Realistic Bball and non football options are Horizon and MAAC. I would prefer MAAC because lacrosse would have a nice home, as well as many of the other sports.

Obviously, no Football in either conference. So what are the realalistic options? Pioneer (please no), independent full scholarship, mvfc (no chance), OVC (highly doubtful), Patriot (do not think for football only it is a good option for a multitude of reasons), big south (probably would like to add to members, lots of really strong teams).

I would vote for big south, not really close. The only thing that would be better is a new conference in totally. We could make a dream conference, but I think autobids take a few years, schools are not going to want to miss out on that $$$.

My best guess, and what I hope for, is MAAC and big south for football.
I concur. Big South in football or stay in NEC for football and MAAC or Horizon League for basketball. It would be great if RMU could duplicate Duquesne and compete in football in the NEC and basketball in the Atlantic 10. That would be a big step up for basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT