ADVERTISEMENT

Dayton Info

ColonialInsider

Aug 26, 2017
Neither Dayton nor Robert Morris has game notes or depth charts out yet, but Dayton did release a transcript of an interview with coach Rick Chamberlin following the team's final scrimmage.

https://daytonflyers.com/news/2018/8/19/football-completes-weekend-with-scrimmage-media-day.aspx

Of note:
"We have seen a lot of progress made, especially offensively. That's what you would expect with nine starters back, including at quarterback, receiver and running back. That really showed in our scrimmage on Saturday in how well the offense moved the ball in different ways – running the ball, bootlegs, deep passes –that was good to see.

Defensively, we are seeing steps taken each day. What we need to do right now is be more consistent. One day, like on Thursday when we had a red-zone scrimmage period, the defense dominated. But then, like we came out Saturday, and we give up big plays."

"I would say some of the player who have stood out have been some of your typical ones. Ones you would expect like Alex Jeske. Alex is throwing the ball very well right now. He made some throws Saturday, that I just shake my head at how locked in he is. He's really done it all camp. Adam Trautman is also having a very good camp and he will be a dominating force when we get him in favorable matchups.

"At corner, one of players who was in an alternating situation last year, Jake Kempt, is having the best camp he's ever had. He is really on top of his techniques. His athleticism has always been there but now he has a great feel for the game."

Saturday's scrimmage was a big day by the offense. Jeske was four-for five passing for 134 yards and two TD's to Ryan Skibinski – a 70-yarder on the first play of the day and a 40-yarder. J.P. Forcucci also caught two touchdown passes – one from Kyle Kapraros and one from Luke Anthony. The offense scored five TD's of 40 yards or longer, including the 70-yard run that freshman Jake Chisholm had to end the scoring.
---
Dayton has historically dominated this series and it was really surprising that RMU won last year. I think a large portion of that win was credited to RMU's defense. If Dayton is back to making big plays, it's going to be a much tougher match-up.

I’m guessing Jimmy too. Especially since he was picked on the leadership committee earlier in camp.

Has Caleb Lewis been getting time with the 1s in camp? I wanted to see what this transfer looked like...

Has Caleb Lewis been getting time with the 1s in camp? I wanted to see what this transfer looked like...
From what little we've heard, Lewis did receive time with the 1s but Walker ultimately is the guy.

Walker had a decent year last season when he wasn't running for his life behind the line.

Reactions: Confusion23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT