ADVERTISEMENT

After Liberty

LetsGoRoMo

Aug 29, 2016
I agree with M4Fam said in the game thread about players play and coaches coach.
---
My current worry is about how coaches coach. Look at roster, count the seniors, even the juniors, and then really examine how many of them are truly impact players.
---
I think the biggest problem with RMU right now is lack of leadership (again, agreeing with M4FAM), but the real question is why is there a dearth of leadership?
---
You can recruit like hell and get studs (I think RMU did do this this year), but freshman do not win games, let alone championships.
---
I think their is a problem with team, but I am now an outsider, so I do not know now exactly what it is.
----
I do know though, unless the campus politics have changed significantly since 2010, there is no reason this team can not be great.
---
2010 playoffs, RMU was BEATING, BEATING, NDSU at halftime, with less scholarships than the team has now. I know they lost, but they were beating them at halftime.
--
Again, I will say for the 100th time, I think this team has the talent, young talent as it is, but has the talent to be a REAL contender, not just for the NEC, but nationally. I just am not certian the leadership is there to forge it.
---
I think I posted this is the game thread, but the coaches on O seem scared to fail. They are coaching not to loose. I do not care if you are down by 28 in the 4th, don't run, run run, punt. You have to go for it. If I was playing, I would be pissed with the play calling. You can never give up, no matter what. Seems like the O play calling gave up against Liberty. To be clear, I am not saying RMU would have came back, but with 8 mins left in the 3rd to basically give up is a sin.
---
Probably already 2 much for anyone to read, but I just want to reiterate, I think the skill is there, and I think RMU could rise to glory again, but it becomes clearer and clearer to me that changes need to be made.

Last edited:
They have to learn how to win again. Coaches and players. You could see it against Malone as it almost slipped away. The coaches must help promote leaders and those leaders must then find ways to make plays and lead by example. There are some upper class men and a lot of youth on this team with championship, long time winning program pedigree. Those have to be the guys that help change this dynamic.

Many of the freshman are not only talented but come from big time successful winning HS programs (St. Eds, Good Councel, Brother Rice, etc...).

I know it's early but I think this season is already a lost cause. I don't see them even winning half of the NEC games. You have to look to keep improving and build momentum going into next season. It's not a jab at any of the kids playing right now, they are all trying. However we are playing with our 5th and 6th running backs on the depth chart if you go back to the spring. Our 4th string quarterback, and 3-4 freshman on the offensive line. Go back to camp:
QB depth- Barr, brumbaugh, bodeman, romanchak. Back to spring and RB depth was Blake, Owens, Sam woods, satcher, Malik wells, and now Tj Neal. It's rough on a team when you bite the injury bug that bad. I think we keep taking the little wins, and that's the improvement each and every week. Although the line still breaks down, it's not as bad as it was the first game of the year. They are finally putting drives together now. The defense battled through some suspensions and injuries and now they are finally healthy. I think you're gonna see a team that competes every week in the NEC, but I will be happy with this squad to continually see improvement, and compete for the title next season. I don't think the talent is far away, I think the experience is a little lacking and cohesiveness as a unit.

Reactions: irish_buffalo
tyblake, you are 100% correct. Nick Saban would be no more further with such a young and injury riddled team. Patience is key. Baby steps. As painful as it may be the improvements going into next season will be immense. Think about how much depth we will gain next season. It is simply a building year.

I absolutely agree....ahh hell with it. I say we win the NEC this year!!! We just need a few breaks go our way and we WIN the NEC crown. I think Mike Miller has kept it vanilla till this week. It's all out from here out. LETS GO BOBBY MO!!! Hey Wagner just beat what we all thought was one of the two or three best teams in the NEC.

I agree with you Sally. I haven't written this season off and I believe the players and coaches haven't either. I see to much fight in all of them to write this season off.

Sally you mistook what I said. Is all I said is that with such a "young and injury riddled team" it is going to be painful. I fully expect, no matter the predicament, that the staff and players enter every game remaining on the schedule expecting to win even if it IS a building year. I was merely speaking to the fact that it will be nicer next season entering with some substantial depth and experience.

Lets make no bones about it, we are on our 4th string QB and at times have had four TRUE freshman on the offensive line. It is what it is.

Speaking of Branch the targeting call on him was one of the worst I have ever seen. From my angle there was not even helmet to helmet contact. Heck, Branch had his arms outstretched. Regardless, is the rule that he is not able to play this week as well?

Reactions: Confusion23
I would have a hard time believing that this Coaching Staff would ever quit on the players. They have to know their coaching for their jobs......

If the RMU team that showed up in the first half minus the bomb comes to play in the NEC for a full game watch out were going to surprise some people...

Injuries... Injuries and more injuries... Being young and catching bad breaks is a nasty combination. Not to mention that HORRIBLE targeting call didn't help matters!! Painful watch... Hoping for that turnaround, but yes, its a tough go with 3s and 4s out there... Loved hearing those announcers talking like, WHO ARE THESE GUYS?!? LOL!!

It's a new season, the Colonials have no wins, no losses in Conference play. Let the NEC play begin. Go Colonials!

Anyone hear on who we are getting back yet for this game?

So I'll take my turn.
Before the injuries, we were hoping for 3-2 before NEC play. Add up the injuries and we should be 2-3, not 1-4.

Not sure where we are getting 3s and 4s out there.
Sure we had more 3s against Liberty but lets not make it seems like this team is completely injured.
Romanchek was listed as a 3rd string at the start of the season so I give you that one.
The OL has remain pretty close to the original starting lineup in the 1st game, just young.
TE - still with our 1
FB - still with our 1
WRs - still with our 1s but now Vecchio moved into the starting lineup.
Defense:
The only 1 missing vs Liberty was Mason...the rest of the D is still their 1s.

Heading into NEC play we are going to miss two players, Mason and Blake. No word on Barr yet but who knows.

I know this team and staff will quit on the season. But we all know there is pressure on this team and staff to win and win now.
They will have a chance to challenge for the NEC but it will be very tough with playing to Top 3 NEC teams to start league play.

I think my statement was misunderstood. I didn't say bag the season, I don't care if they finish 1-10. You never quit or give up, I just don't see much success in terms of the win column the rest of the year with the amount of injuries and youth on this roster. But hopefully I can say I'm wrong in another month and a half. Go rmu!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT