ADVERTISEMENT

UIC losses

GoRMU

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
It was disappointing the Colonials lost both games to UIC. However, it is not that surprising considering the Colonials were coming off another extended COVID pause. Looking at the box scores from those games it's easy to see why they lost. RMU shot a dismal combined total 3-27 from three point range. Specifically, RMU's two veteran guards, Jon and Dante, combined for 1-16 three point shooting, and scored zero points in the first game, and combined for just 10 points in the second game. I have total confidence in Jon and Dante, despite these past two games. This team has got to find some scorers to go along with AJ. I really like the freshman on the team, they all look to have bright futures, but they are freshman, and that usually means there is a lack of consistency. Enoch, who has started some games, did not play this weekend, I am not even sure if he was on the bench. Does anyone know his status? Hopefully, the Colonials can stay out of COVID jail, stay on their regular schedule of practices, not miss any more games, develop some consistency and make outside shots. Go Colonials!

The team has definitely shown it can compete at a high level in the Horizon League. The issue is just developing some rhythm and refining details, which comes with practice and a set schedule. RMU hasn't had either of those things, so it's no wonder they've been disjointed.

If RMU can get into a groove, I think this is a Top 4 team in the league.

UIC was a beatable team and I thought the Colonials would take the second game after dropping the first. It was certainly there for the taking. Missing numerous critical free throws late in regulation was costly. Surprised that Bain stepped right back into starting lineup. He had a tough weekend. Also surprised Kam didn't play all that much on Saturday. So hard to rate the team with gaps between games and not knowing how much they have practiced. Braham has been outstanding all season long. He'll be tough to replace.

ADVERTISEMENT